O... NO!

New_Age

Hi,

When I Installed Windows Xp Professional I did a type-o and now I can't seem to rename the Folder Within in C:\Documents and Settings. I tried under Safe mode and it DID rename it but when I booted up... Windows went back to its default state (And what I mean by that is it change the visual back to Luna, it changed my start button settings back to default and the background) and it created a second folder under C:\Documents and Settings. When I went to the second folder that was created Windows transfered all the files within the first folder to the 2nd folder. How can I go with deleting the 2nd folder?

I've already transfered all the files back to the first folder. First folder name is Joseh and second folder is Joseph. I normally wanted the first folder to be named that but did a Type-o glare.png

My Account name is Joseph but the file name doesn't appear to change at all. I tried changing the computer name but that's not what I'm having trouble with.

Screenshots...

20070312085519cu7.jpg

The folder named Joseh is the folder I would like... to rename.

20070312085551rv9.jpg

This folder IDK... about. When I delete it and then when I reboot Windows restores everything back to default.?!?!?!?? :huh

Quick link i found using google.. Read the article before attempting to make sure you understand it all, and would probably help to print it up as well.

http://www.pcanswers.co.uk/tips/default.as...ubsectionid=616

1]In the User Accounts Control Panel create a new administrator account. Then log off your current account and log on as the new user to set them up. Restart your PC in Safe mode, logging on as the master Administrator.

2] Click Start, right-click My Computer > Properties. Switch to the Advanced tab and click Settings under User Profiles. You’ll see a list of all profiles set up on your PC appear. Select your old user profile and click Copy to.

3] Click Browse when prompted and locate your new user profile folder on your hard drive (it’ll be inside C:\Documents and Settings). Click OK followed by Yes. Once done, click OK twice and restart your PC.

Once the process has completed, restart Windows. Log on as your new user profile, and then delete the original from the User Accounts Control Panel. If you were the sole user of your PC, you can remove the log-on prompt at bootup by click Start > Run, typing control userpasswords2 and pressing [Return]. Remove the tick from 'Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer’, type in your new username and click OK twice.

Source: http://www.pcanswers.co.uk/tips/default.as...ubsectionid=616

Archived