outlook express 6

genji

My outlook express 6 - is not working - does not load most of the time - can not use url click on messages - unless i go to folder options -then hypertext -. Have already done default settings -in programs. Have clean registry -anyone else having these problems ??

Ran virus scans - times 3

Do I need to go to a software like RegISTRY FIX

Outlook Express is notorious for it security vulnerabilities.

It is like a heavenly gate for viruses and worms that get spread by email.

Careful when you click on links in emails, as it may take you to phishing sites, or get you more spam.

I would recommend getting Mozilla Thunderbird as it is much more safe and secure and offers phishing protection.

I don't know, maybe Dial-a-fix can fix your Outlook Express. But if you're going to use Outlook Express, then disable JavaScript and HTML rendering, and make it only display email as plain text.

Welcome to Lunarsoft, genji!

To help diagnose your issue, what Operating System are you using Outlook Express 6 on?

If you are in need of a temporary fix, you can always try Thunderbird which is an email client made by the same team who made Firefox. :D

Thanks Tarun

I am using XP professional - Dell over 100 GB free memory. I hate to start a new e mail program - I have all my folders etc in outlook - I could move to my Comcast e mail - and try and import the e mails - but I have not tried to as yet.

Outlook Express is notorious for it security vulnerabilities.

It is like a heavenly gate for viruses and worms that get spread by email.

Careful when you click on links in emails, as it may take you to phishing sites, or get you more spam.

I would recommend getting Mozilla Thunderbird as it is much more safe and secure and offers phishing protection.

I don't know, maybe Dial-a-fix can fix your Outlook Express. But if you're going to use Outlook Express, then disable JavaScript and HTML rendering, and make it only display email as plain text.

Thanks

I have been careful -and have run my virus programs -ad nausea. Any idea why I can not click on a url link in my outlook and have it work. I can make it work if I go to computer --folder files ---folder types --hyperltextTransfer protocol --advanced setting --- but i need to do this all the time ???

• Administrator

To help diagnose your issue, what Operating System are you using Outlook Express 6 on?

If you are in need of a temporary fix, you can always try Thunderbird which is an email client made by the same team who made Firefox. :D

Thanks Tarun

I am using XP professional - Dell over 100 GB free memory. I hate to start a new e mail program - I have all my folders etc in outlook - I could move to my Comcast e mail - and try and import the e mails - but I have not tried to as yet.

One of the great things about Thunderbird is that it will import everything from Outlook (including Outlook Express), creating your folders and making it very easy to migrate.

Unfortunately, I've never put much use into Outlook (or Outlook Express) but I'll see if anyone with experience in the Outlook series email clients can help. :D

Tarun

Any further info?? I ran rgfix - helps somewhat but not all the time -still can not use url links in outlook ?

If I go to thunderbird -can I keep my old e amil address ?

thanks

Genji

I did run Dial-fix - but it did not seem to work?

Thanks Tarun

One of the great things about Thunderbird is that it will import everything from Outlook (including Outlook Express), creating your folders and making it very easy to migrate.

Unfortunately, I've never put much use into Outlook (or Outlook Express) but I'll see if anyone with experience in the Outlook series email clients can help. :D

Yes, with Mozilla Thunderbird you can keep your old e-mail address.

It also imports all your settings, accounts, mail and stuff from Outlook Express.

Not to mention you will enjoy all the benefits of phishing protection, spam protection, flagging, tagging, searching, etc with some nice additional security. :D

Thanks Eldmannen-Ninja

If I don't get it to work -I will try either Thunderbird or move to Comcast -which is my IPS-I just continued to use Outlook and never changed over to Comcast.

As I said I did try Dial-a-Fix - but I don't think it worked . I can get the url to work - but each time I need to ge to computer ---folder options--folder type's --then click on both Hyper text ....open and say OK---crazy?? Then after I do that it sometimes asks me (dialog box )if IE is my default Browser

so need to click that -ok

Have gone to program defaults program - and set for defaults but it does not stay---oh well -will keep on plugging away

thahks for your help

Robert

Yes, with Mozilla Thunderbird you can keep your old e-mail address.

It also imports all your settings, accounts, mail and stuff from Outlook Express.

Not to mention you will enjoy all the benefits of phishing protection, spam protection, flagging, tagging, searching, etc with some nice additional security. :D

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrator

You can also try Windows Live Mail. It has a very friendly user interface.

You can import messages from:

• Microsoft Exchange
  • Microsoft Outlook
  • Microsoft Outlook Express 6
  • Windows Live Mail
  • Windows Mail