Which graphics card

Capman

I've been watching the 'A question: Compatibility with a part?' thread and it's prompted me to ask something.

In my computer (which is very old) I have a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 100/200 graphics card.

I have a Sapphire Radeon 7000 64mb PCI graphics card kicking around, which I believe is newer than what I have in my computer, would I benefit from putting it in instead?

I know nothing about either of those cards, but I would be inclined to say that if the card is newer, then it might do you better.

I just know that if it's a ''PCI'' Graphics card then it is old, but yeah try and see what results you get.

Oh, you have a quite old computer.

If you have PCI, then your computer is really old, it were before the AGP times...

I also think that the Sapphire Radeon 7000 64mb PCI is newer than the GeForce 2.

So try to change it, to see if you get better performance, if not, then just switch back. I think you will get better performance with the Radeon though.

Maybe time for new computer?

... but then again, maybe its satisfies your needs...

well, if you are using Windows 98 and not into gaming and just doing normal stuff on a daily base then surely you can find parts for that computer. CPU, RAM and maybe a bigger HDD. if it were me i'd do that but that's me :)

well, if you are using Windows 98 and not into gaming and just doing normal stuff on a daily base then surely you can find parts for that computer. CPU, RAM and maybe a bigger HDD. if it were me i'd do that but that's me :)

I pity the fool who use Windows 98. </Mr. T voice>

If not into gaming, then buying a new graphics card is probably not very relevant.

• 1 month later...