Question about Remove Older Versions

Tarun

When you click the "Remove Older Versions" button, does this run a silent uninstall command line switch or what method does it use?

No, it does not use the JRE un-installer at all. I can add that, but I believe my way is a bit faster. It is a method that compares folder names and removes the older versions. A message box will pop up and tell you which folders were removed. :hmm:

• Administrator

I would think it would be best to try and do a proper uninstall first, then remove all other traces. Much like what they suggest is done with Norton/Symantec products (last I read).

I tried it without running the uninstaller first, found I still needed to run the uninstaller as update 5 was still in the add/remove list. So apparently you're right, though it still worked the other way around.

I tried it without running the uninstaller first, found I still needed to run the uninstaller as update 5 was still in the add/remove list. So apparently you're right, though it still worked the other way around.

That is a missed registry key that should be fixed in 1.05.

That's good to hear, it'll be a time saver to be able to completely remove the old Java versions with JavaRa.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Antonio

Just wonder if I can run JavaRa silently to remove every old java from a machine?

Antonio

• 2 months later...
Guest Mark

I did the same thing as Prm753, ran JavaRa version 1.08 yesterday without running the uninstaller that came with Java and found that i still had to go into add/remove to remove java 6 update6 from the list.

Archived