Check SyStem Health!

Hello Lunarsoft

I am new here and go under the name of Impi. Impi is a Zulu word for warrior.

My problem:

When I boot up - I get the following message:

Check System Health! Vcore = 2V

<CPU ID:0673 Patch ID: 000E>

My system is Windows 2000 Professional

Service Pack 4

Can any one tell me how I can sort this out.

I recently had a lot of Spam and downloaded SPAMfighter which seemed to bring the spam under control. However the system seemed to go downhill from there and started re-booting of its own accord. This would happen about twice a day. It was also very slow.

After much stress ( I am not a computer fundi but dabble a little trying to understand and learn) it was recommended I download Advanced WindowsCare Personal.

I was amazed at the problems I had after running that software. Once the scan & repair was completed my system is pretty much 80% back to normal. I still have the odd issue which I won't post just yet until I can establish the exact nature.

In the mean time I would like to start with the above Chech System Health problem and any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards - Impi

PS. The word Fundi above is also a Zulu word meaning knowledgeable.

• Administrator

Welcome to Lunarsoft, Impi!

Generally you'll see a BIOS splash screen (example)which shows during POST (Power On Self Test). After that you begin to see the Loading Windows 2000 on your screen (example).

At which point in time are you seeing that error?

Welcome to Lunarsoft, Impi!

Generally you'll see a BIOS splash screen (example)which shows during POST (Power On Self Test). After that you begin to see the Loading Windows 2000 on your screen (example).

At which point in time are you seeing that error?

Hello Tarun and thank you for the welcome.

When I bootup, I get at the very top the following:

Award Modular Bios V4.51PG

This is then followed by about two lines of information and then - Check System Health! Vcore = 2V

<CPU ID:0673 Patch ID: 000E> This right at the beginning after the Award Modular Bios V4.51PG.

This is followed by more information and then Loading Windows 2000.

Hope this helps.

Bayete Eldmannen

Sawubona

Ngiyabonga (thank you for your message)

You seem to have a grasp of the Zulu language - have you lived in South Africa?

Hamba Kahle

• Administrator

Hello Tarun and thank you for the welcome.

When I bootup, I get at the very top the following:

Award Modular Bios V4.51PG

This is then followed by about two lines of information and then - Check System Health! Vcore = 2V

<CPU ID:0673 Patch ID: 000E> This right at the beginning after the Award Modular Bios V4.51PG.

This is followed by more information and then Loading Windows 2000.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for the information, that helps to narrow in on where the issue first shows up. It sounds like there is a POST warning. Unfortunately this most likely means it's either a failing power supply or an issue with the motherboard. I would recommend taking it into a shop and having a technician look at your hardware.

Thanks Tarun

Indeed it could be something going as it is quite an old computer and I do need a new one.

I actually downloaded Dial-a-fix but decided to ask for help first incase there is a simple solution. Do you think it would be worth trying to use Dial-a-fix or would I be wasting my time?

Thanks again for your help.

Hello Eldmannen

Nice effort on the Zulu language. You had me going there for a moment.

Regards - Impi

Actually, it's complaining in the hardware about either the temperature of the CPU, or the fact that the VCORE set in the BIOS for the CPU is incorrect (either too high or low - 2.0 could be high for a P2 or P3, but potentially low for a P4). If you still have the motherboard manual, and you know the type of CPU you are using, you may be able to find out how to check/change the VCORE settings in the BIOS.

Dial-A-Fix isn't going to help you here, as this isn't a Windows problem (it's not even a software problem, it's a hardware issue). This could also be a fan header plugged into the motherboard that's not working anymore or needs reseating, but it's usually the VCORE setting is incorrect (as the error says).

Actually, it's complaining in the hardware about either the temperature of the CPU, or the fact that the VCORE set in the BIOS for the CPU is incorrect (either too high or low - 2.0 could be high for a P2 or P3, but potentially low for a P4). If you still have the motherboard manual, and you know the type of CPU you are using, you may be able to find out how to check/change the VCORE settings in the BIOS.

Dial-A-Fix isn't going to help you here, as this isn't a Windows problem (it's not even a software problem, it's a hardware issue). This could also be a fan header plugged into the motherboard that's not working anymore or needs reseating, but it's usually the VCORE setting is incorrect (as the error says).

Hello Cluberti

Sorry - I have been away for a few days and have only just seen your reply.

Regretfully I don't know much about the inner workings of the hardware but have checked the fan and that is working. I will try find the manual and establish what the correct settings should be. I have a P3 which I have had for a long time and it is only recently that this message has presented it self when booting up.

Thanks for your input

Impi

I have had several Gigabyte motherboards (among other brands) that always POSTed with the message "Check System Health!". It turns out it means nothing! I've never noticed a single issue on any of them.

I've heard good things about Gigabyte. The Gigabyte P35-DS4 is popular among enthusiasts.

Could it be an engineer who wrote in Chinglish? :wave:

Maybe he meant "Checking system health..."

I have had several Gigabyte motherboards (among other brands) that always POSTed with the message "Check System Health!". It turns out it means nothing! I've never noticed a single issue on any of them.

I've heard good things about Gigabyte. The Gigabyte P35-DS4 is popular among enthusiasts.

Could it be an engineer who wrote in Chinglish? :wave:

Thanks for the info DjLizard. I have had this computer for at least 8 years and it is only recently that it has given me this message.

Edlemannen - The message is definitely Check System Health!

I Googled Check Sytem Health! and there is quite a bit of information on this all pointing to either the cooling fan or the BIOS settings. I am still looking for the manual which I may have lost when I moved.

Impi

• 2 months later...

Could it be an engineer who wrote in Chinglish? :gold:

Thanks for the info DjLizard. I have had this computer for at least 8 years and it is only recently that it has given me this message.

Edlemannen - The message is definitely Check System Health!

I Googled Check Sytem Health! and there is quite a bit of information on this all pointing to either the cooling fan or the BIOS settings. I am still looking for the manual which I may have lost when I moved.

Impi

I have exactly the same problem, but in addition to the message " Check system health ! Vcore=2v" I am getting a two tone warning beep immediatly I switch on. I have checked the BIOS but there does not appear to be any means of adjusting Vcore. CPU temperature is normal at 27 degrees and the CPU Fan is operating OK My motherboard is Gigabyte BX2000. Has anyone solved this problem yet?

• 2 months later...

Hi all, Caveman here, easiest way to solve this fellas issue is to direct him into the bios and reset bios to defualt settings which should put voltage settings back to normal setting for his board and processor, it that doesn't work, then its probably failing. Also blow out the Fan and Heatsink to correct over-heating. It may be too late though. Worth a shot.

• 3 weeks later...

Reformatting your PC won't fix it, because it's not a disk issue.

Referring to the OP (Post #1) a CPUID of 0673 means a Pentuim III between 450 and 600 MHz in a SECC2 (meanin a slot) package.

The correct Vcore for 4 of these is actually 2.0 volts (as shown in the POST) apart from two (533B and 600B) which take 2.05 volts.

Either the Power Supply is starting to fail, or as DJLizard says, it means nothing.