Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tarun

UXTheme Patch for Service Pack 3 (SP3)

Recommended Posts

yes, we can use those calls ^^

and i will find a way to do that, but for now...

try this new one i uploaded, it should adress the issues we have :D

Damian666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, i got it, now it triple checks ^^

first if on vista, exit.

then if not on sp3, exit.

then if fileversion is wrong, exit.

patching is always checked...

Damian666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, i got it, now it triple checks ^^

first if on vista, exit.

then if not on sp3, exit.

then if fileversion is wrong, exit.

patching is always checked...

Damian666

If OS != Windows XP then display a message box saying that OS is not supported, then close. Or simply disable the patch button and tell the user why.

If you're on XP and the Service Pack = 3 and the file version matches, enable Patch button.

There were often times where I used the patch it would sometimes say it was successful yet wouldn't be. That leads me to think there's a better method to check and verify the patch was applied.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok, i got it, now it triple checks ^^

first if on vista, exit.

then if not on sp3, exit.

then if fileversion is wrong, exit.

patching is always checked...

Damian666

sounds good, should help prevent people from messing up their uxtheme file.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well, it should do for now.

let me know of any other stuff, and yes, i am looking at another way to check Tarun :D

Damian666

i can't for the life of me remember autoit. but there may be a function like C's "fseek()". At least i would hope so by now. I stopped using autoit because of the lack of some functions that really should be in there. For example, i'm willing to bet uxtender reads the whole file as a string then concates them all together due to a lack of a fwrite() type function of being able to edit it on the stream.

but if theres a function like fseek(), you could just skip to the offset, read the number of bytes and compare it.. if both offsets equal what your app sets them to then it's patched successfully, or the file is already patched (which leads to better reliability then checking if uxtheme.uxtender exists)..

ok i've rambled on too long. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a user encounter a problem with UXTender. Ran it once and it said everything was patched, but it wasn't. Had to do Restore and restart, then Patch AGAIN before it would work.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...