SUPERAntispyware is it effective?

RTZ

I have some doubts based on articles in pc magazine . I may ditch this APP. tHEY say even the realtime protection of the Pro Version is not that good at removal or prevention

G'day Laserjet. So, are you saying that based on your recommendation you should NOT use this program?

@Tarun,

hey Boss, is there a possibility of having a sub-forum entitled (User Soft/Hardware Recommendations - Good or Bad)? That way we can have user input on a huge amount of programs and hardware that people use out in the WWW.

If this gets off the ground, might want to put a caveat on it for posting in there that people MUST provide a reason for their recommendation (Good or Bad) based on their experience, not just putting in "It's a gooderest program you have to use dude!!!11!!!".

Just an idea

Cheers :wave:

• Administrator

Ironic timing, but I've been meaning to test this application. I don't entirely trust magazines as they get paid to alter results.

@Senuty,

I'll PM you about it.

Thats simply terrible that publications would do so. The software seems ok. but i saw article and im very paranoid. ill hold onto it and wait to see what you come up with on your test.

• Administrator

I admit that I don't care for the looks of the site. I've also heard that the developer "spammed" on many websites for the software. I never witnessed it so I have no say there, simply stating what I have heard.

• Administrator

I would assume the spammer had a copy paste of a message saying "Hi here is my program blah blah blah" and it has the name and links in it several times.

ok i get it man thats underhanded. ok i will await your upcoming test on this APP, but for now i'll remove it for time being. darn i wish they did not change ad aware se to that ad aware 20008 i liked the old program and do not see the download anywhere i guess its gone no more support or updated defs. too bad

...... darn i wish they did not change ad aware se to that ad aware 20008 i liked the old program and do not see the download anywhere i guess its gone no more support or updated defs. too bad

Yeah, had the same dilemma but bit the bullet and got 2008. Seems okay so far (have only run it twice), but will evaluate it further once I've used it a few more times.

Very funny, touche' i just wanted others opinions

Hmm, guess I didn't make myself too clear.

I wasn't putting a shot across your bow, was just trying to get your opinions on this program (ie; recommendations) that way other people can be informed and also put in their own point of view (as Tarun did later).

Just trying to drive some discussion on the program and it's value to the normal user. That is, is it useful, easy to use, have decent support, etc, etc because even though it might end up being no good that doesn't mean it should be black-listed.

Cheers :P

oh. no offense taken at all. i only used this for about a month i have the free version. it seems to work fine. scans are at a decent speed. updates are frequent and it has caught some nasties but i read article and i was concerned. i thought you tech wizards might have used it as well. I have had problems with spyware etc. and bad expierences. so i try alot of stuff trying to be protective. Thanks for response so adaware 2008 may be worth a try ill check on it thanks again

.......I have had problems with spyware etc. and bad expierences. so i try alot of stuff trying to be protective. Thanks for response so adaware 2008 may be worth a try ill check on it thanks again

G'day again Laser,

have you rummaged through the 'Malware' section on Lunarsoft. In there is a comprehensive list of reliable and good anti malware/virii programs which will help you keep your system secure and clean. It's the ones in there that I use and they haven't failed me yet.

Also might want to check out the Lunarsoft Wiki -> Freeware List which has a very good list of recommended programs that you could use on your system to get rid of some of the RAM hungry programs that come loaded with MS.