WindizUpdates is no more

• Administrator

This was a way for users to get Windows Updates through Firefox. I visited the site earlier today and they lagged behind and have ceased updating, etc. Did anyone ever use them? I know they were under fire for the fact there was "virus code" on their website.

This was the only caveat when I started using Firefox, although not for long as I soon discovered the add-ons as well as Windiz which I did not really care for after using the IEtab add-on. Through the options is a site filter and by default contains Microsoft addresses for the updates. If anyone uses online virus scanners I would suggest adding them to the site filter as well due to most (if not all) requiring IE.

Do NOT remove IE.

As for the poster asking about whether to remove IE, well that would be a problem due to the fact that IEtab uses the IE engine to display / render websites through Firefox.

~rubberToe - completely IE free :) - except for the behind the scenes use of the IE engine of course