Comodo BO Clean

RTZ

How is this program right now im using MBAM with protection Module active and Avira Antivir Premium along with Online Armor Free and as secondary scanners Ad Aware Free 2008 and SUPERAntispyware Free. Is this Comodo BO Clean also good to use or could it conflict with any of the programs i marked in bold?

Specifically, it slowed my system after I updated to AVG Free 8.0 - they were both providing the same functionality; if I installed Trojan Simulator, warnings popped up from both AVG and BOClean. I hardly needed both, and my system was really dragging. I only have 512MB of RAM, though.

You already have two apps with anti-spyware protection (Avira and MBAM), however. Even though BOClean doesn't use much RAM, it might be too much. Looks to me like you're already well-protected, anyway.

If someone doesn't have realtime anti-spyware, and want's something that's free, then I would recommend BOClean.

You're welcome. :) I should mention, about AVG 8; it continued to cause slow loading of the desktop until I configured its Resident Shield to exclude the desktop folders from monitoring. I think it has a problem with images - icons seem to load slower in other files as well. With BOClean running too, everything was slow, though.

• 4 months later...

Hi all, The scoop on Bo-clean: I used it for 3 years before it was bought by Komodo, Bo-clean was originally used by many universities to stop trojans spread on the networks, then it became open to everyone, at some point a major over-haul was needed as the scaning engines were not picking of the new types of threats, the company updated the program, but you would have to use the Programs " conflict utility" to stop freezes and conflicts with other software upon boot up, this wasn't big deal. Then Komodo bought it and released it for free, I was surprised it was free, I downloaded it and used it for 2 months, I really never saw it stop many threats on my clients computers, so either the scanners were not effective or everybody unplugged their comps, and you know that did not happen, the scanners were outwitted by the new type of Trojans. I removed it from my arsenal of apps. Hope this helps.