Firefox 3.0

• Administrator

Firefox is a web browser descended from the Mozilla Application Suite, managed by the Mozilla Corporation. Firefox is a highly customizable browser that allows you to enhance it using Add-ons. Some examples of Add-ons that you can use to customize Firefox are AdBlock Plus, CuteMenus - Crystal SVG, DownThemAll!, TabMixPlus, No Script and many more. Tabbed browsing is one of the many features that helps to make Firefox more secure than most browser. Firefox does not use ActiveX. Firefox does make use of many plugins to enhance your web experience. From Shockwave, Flash, Quicktime and more; your browsing experience reaches new levels with the Firefox browser.

Downloads: Firefox 3.0 | All builds

View: Release Notes

Homepage: Mozilla Firefox

Link: Lunarsoft

I got it. Onl;y thing that bugs me, why all the different folders in bookmarks? I understand unsorted bookmarks, but why Bookmarks Toolbar and Bookmarks Menu?

And its a shame some of my add-ons aren't 3.0 compatible, such as:

Cutemenus Crystal

Mr Tech Local Install

Tab Mix Plus - Really need this!

I got it. Onl;y thing that bugs me, why all the different folders in bookmarks? I understand unsorted bookmarks, but why Bookmarks Toolbar and Bookmarks Menu?

And its a shame some of my add-ons aren't 3.0 compatible, such as:

Cutemenus Crystal

Mr Tech Local Install

Tab Mix Plus - Really need this!

You can disable the bookmarks menu, and remove the "Recent tags" and "Recent bookmarks" by rightclicking on them and selecting "Delete".

You can contact the authors of those plugins and tell them to update the extensions. You can also goto about:config and add/change an entry, to enable backwards compatibility mode for extensions.

• Administrator

Ultimate, you can get those to work.

Mr Tech released v6, but you can't open AddOns after installing it. So use Nightly Tester Tools. You can then use it to make Cutemenu Crystal to work. With TMP, just use the dev build. It's stable.

Mr Tech released v6, but you can't open AddOns after installing it. So use Nightly Tester Tools. You can then use it to make Cutemenu Crystal to work. With TMP, just use the dev build. It's stable.

Yep, I have both now. Mr Tech works fine with AddOns, I have v6.0.0.1. Is Nightly Tester Tools that necessary? Did you create it (it has your logo): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543

What about the bookmarks?

How can I disable the folder? And the bookmarks toolbar folder is pointless. I just don't want to see their of them, and have normal bookmarks like 2.0, though I like the unsorted folder.

View->Toolbars->Bookmarks Toolbar.

That will disable one toolbar.

Then if you want get rid of some stuff from the Bookmarks menu, right-click on what you want gone and select "Delete".

• Administrator

Yep, I have both now. Mr Tech works fine with AddOns, I have v6.0.0.1. Is Nightly Tester Tools that necessary? Did you create it (it has your logo): https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/6543

What about the bookmarks?

Yeah v6.0 was the one that broke. I see 6.0.1 is out now (There was also 6.0.0.1) and it works quite well.

No, I didn't make Nightly Tester Tools. But I do find it very useful. :)

I like to drag the bookmark toolbar to the spot between the menu bar and the flexible space.

• Administrator

Mr Tech Toolkit:

http://www.mrtech.com/extensions/local_install/

On Firefox AddOns:

https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/421/

Example:

File Edit View [...] Tools Help | LARGE SPACE HERE | Activity Indicator

Nav toolbar

Bookmark toolbar

I customize and drag the bookmark toolbar...

File Edit View [...] Tools Help | Bookmark Toolbar | Activity Indicator

Nav toolbar

I then remove the text and just have favicons.

This new release is a bit of a love/hate thing. It works miles better than Firefox2 ever did, but they've changed some things that just bother me.

That... and the fact that half of my extensions are no longer compatible. This is probably the main reason why I'm sticking with Opera 9.5 on all my machines (not to start any browser flamewars).

This new release is a bit of a love/hate thing. It works miles better than Firefox2 ever did, but they've changed some things that just bother me.

That... and the fact that half of my extensions are no longer compatible. This is probably the main reason why I'm sticking with Opera 9.5 on all my machines (not to start any browser flamewars).

You can still get most extensions to work by disable the version check for extensions.

* Type about:config into Firefox's address bar and click the "I'll be careful, I promise!" button.

* Right-click anywhere. Choose New>Boolean. Make the name of your new config value extensions.checkCompatibility and set it to false.

* Restart Firefox.

And mail the author of the extension and tell him to stop being lazy.

If anything else is changed, you might be able to change some sethhing to get it back like how you liked it.

The thing I don't like about Firefox is the theme for Windows XP, though it don't bother me so much, since I use Ubuntu which use a nicer theme.