Is there a fast Disk Defragmenter for Vista?

WhiteRose

Hi everyone, I'm new to the forum and a new Vista user. My son's desktop pc has Windows XP so when I got the laptop I thought I would give Vista a try. Bit of a 'love hate' relationship at the moment, but I'll plod on, go with the times and all that.

I'm trying to find a good disk defragmenter, Vista's own is so slow its driving me nuts, plus it's not graphic so I've no idea what it's doing.

On the desk top we have Diskeeper, which is brilliant very fast very graphic, plenty of choices etc. Tried to install this on the laptop but its not Vista compatable.

Same goes for 1-Click Maintenance and Window washer.

Any advice here would be welcome.

Thanks, great forum by the way.

Thanks guys, Now I admit, I am an amature at all this pc stuff, but I am trying. So as long as you don't mind me picking your brains every now and again!!

I've given JkDefrag a try first (tossed a coin actually!) Seemed to work fine, d*** site quicker than the Vista defrag.

Would I cause any probs to my laptop if I also downloaded the other defrag (Auslogics) and gave that a try too?

Any other advice for maintenance 'must haves'? I've downloaded the CCleaner, for said 'crap removal', I suppose thats the same sort of thing as the Window Washer which we use with XP on the desk top.

Not used it yet though because I'm not really sure which boxes to click, scared to click a wrong one and wipe something important off.

Will take a better look at it when I have more time to get my head round it.

• Administrator

No, you wouldn't encounter any issues at all.

We use wordfilters on the forums so it will be a friendly environment safe for all ages. :)

Any other advice for maintenance 'must haves'? I've downloaded the CCleaner, for said 'crap removal', I suppose thats the same sort of thing as the Window Washer which we use with XP on the desk top.

Not used it yet though because I'm not really sure which boxes to click, scared to click a wrong one and wipe something important off.

Will take a better look at it when I have more time to get my head round it.

Tarun's new LunarDownloader contains a lot of essential anti-malware software, as well as a decent browser; http://lunarsoft.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=2962

Archived