Should I Be Using Sygate Personal Firewall?

Apparently it has been discontinued, are there better FREE firewalls out there (excluding Zonealarm (buggy)/Kiero (going to be discontinued)/Oupost (unless someone can find the free version?))?

Are SoftPerfect Personal Firewall(http://www.softperfect.com/products/firewall/)/Jetico Personal Firewall (http://www.jetico.com/index.htm#/jpfirewall.htm) any good?

I am only interested in spyware/adware/virus free programs.

Thanks.

I dont know much about firewalls. What exactly is "buggy" in Zone alarms? I use zone alarm and havent had a problem (that i know of) as of yet. Are there specific problems and/or issues i should be looking for?

To add to Ultimate Predators' question, is there a firewall that is free, but also uses very little resources? I would be interested. Thank you. :hug:

I dont know much about firewalls.  What exactly is "buggy" in Zone alarms?  I use zone alarm and havent had a problem (that i know of) as of yet.  Are there specific problems and/or issues i should be looking for?

To add to Ultimate Predators' question, is there a firewall that is free, but also uses very little resources?  I would be interested.  Thank you. :hug:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not really a 'free' firewall per se. However, if your wallet stretches that far consider getting a NAT Router. The majority of them have hardware firewalls, only showing the routers IP address to the outside world, thereby making your PC/s inaccessible if setup correctly.

Cheers :hug:

I know this link, but its a trial, nothing more than a trial, I need freeware... Unless, as I said before is it the trial version which then slips into Free version after x amount of days?

Everywhere I look for google for it says its just version 1, and that isn't from the official sites. Plus they don't update it, which means its no better than mine.