Considering New CounterSpy

RTZ

I am using the 15 day trial version, and it is using least processing speed then even MBAM,and is only 14.29MB and has quite a few features and the scanner is lightning quick. I had to remove SuperAntispyware it either updates only once a day or twice then there's a gap of no updates for 1 1/2 to 2 days. So I may use this and MBAM.

Their software has never been very impressive to me.

yeah previous versions down right awful but before you pass on it. Please try it in virtual and check out the newest version. it is totally new from the ground up. I have not made a final decision yet on buying it. I would appreciate your assistance with detailed imput. thank you

Eldmannen, for me the average user not quite sure I would need the source code. I just want reliability, ease of use, good features and a program that is not a systems hog.

• 1 month later...

I am using the 15 day trial version, and it is using least processing speed then even MBAM,and is only 14.29MB and has quite a few features and the scanner is lightning quick. I had to remove SuperAntispyware it either updates only once a day or twice then there's a gap of no updates for 1 1/2 to 2 days. So I may use this and MBAM.

Hi, its the Caveman here: A little info on Spy Counter: I believe it started as Cybermedia Cleaner, then Microsoft bought the good app, turned it into crap with Microsoft anti-spyware, then some other company bought the engines, revamped it and called it Spy Counter. OK now for testing results, I read all the media hype and so-called editors picks and top scoring of this product. I tested it ver. 2.5, updated for free to vers. 3. standard and Vipre is all hype, used it on many computers. It found the odd trojan and malware issues but really super-antispyware and malwarebytes found all the same entries and removed them, the scanner was actually slow for me. My suggestion: Don't buy, I stopped using it in my arsenal. I need apps that work fast and remove clean. No time to mess around wiating for long scans to finish and find 2 entries while standard cleaners find hundreds of legit issues.

Hi, its the Caveman here: A little info on Spy Counter: I believe it started as Cybermedia Cleaner, then Microsoft bought the good app, turned it into crap with Microsoft anti-spyware, then some other company bought the engines, revamped it and called it Spy Counter. OK now for testing results, I read all the media hype and so-called editors picks and top scoring of this product. I tested it ver. 2.5, updated for free to vers. 3. standard and Vipre is all hype, used it on many computers. It found the odd trojan and malware issues but really super-antispyware and malwarebytes found all the same entries and removed them, the scanner was actually slow for me. My suggestion: Don't buy, I stopped using it in my arsenal. I need apps that work fast and remove clean. No time to mess around wiating for long scans to finish and find 2 entries while standard cleaners find hundreds of legit issues.