EzTrust AV

SenutyEnool

G'day folks,

need a wee bit of help with EzTrust.

Yesterday I inadvertently hit the remove from system tray button (forget exactly what it's named) on EzTrust, and although it's still running, I can't access it from the systray, was trying to put it into 'Snooze' mode.

I've closed it down and loaded it again, however, the icon does not re-appear in the systray. How do I restore the icon to show up as the settings do not allow for it in the main program?

Cheers :hug:

They do not have a topic for it in help, but if you open it up, go to Virus Scanning - Scan Settings - and see if Real Time and/or Email Scanner is ticked. If they are not, retick them all, and re-boot PC. If they are ticked, maybe hitting the Restore Defaults button will help?

And if al that doesn't work, maybe going to Protetion Status - Show At Statup will get the program running at startup, and then you can untick that again if it works to stop that message popping up again.

G'day folks,

I tried all those options given none worked bar one, and that was a reboot.

One thing I don't like about EzTrust, even though it seems to be a very capable program is that it's very light on for changing settings. Guess I like being in control too much when it comes to running stuff on my system.

Cheers :angry:

Yeah, reboot seems the only way to restore it.

I dug my way through the help files, changed all settings, turned them back, closed the program down and reloaded it - none worked.

In the end the only thing that restored the systray icon was a reboot.

Cheers :angry:

Well I did nothing, ......

No. not really.

You gave me things to look at that I didn't think of and by the use trial and error it can be a useful way of finding the solution.

And as for trying, aren't we all trying to help each other here (and new folk of course), I thought that's what these forums were for. :P

Cheers :hug: