.NET 1.1 SP1

JOE

My partner announced that her computer does not act right - mostly in printing - I will not print sometimes - doing a printer test - it works great - I noticed that the icon said SP1 wanted to be installed - I started it and after a couple of minutes it says The following ipdates were not installed next line Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Service Pack 1 no error codes

Also I noticed we can not get the Microsoft Updates to run - on this I am wondering if the IE7 did not completely install

There are more prooblems but I hope fixing these will help the rest

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Hi Joe,

Have you tried installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1? Using the redistributable gives you all the .NET versions. You may also wish to try Dial-a-fix. :P

Hi Joe,

Have you tried installing the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1? Using the redistributable gives you all the .NET versions. You may also wish to try Dial-a-fix. :P

I tried dial a fix but not the 3.5 SP1 I will try that

I did the 3.5 and dial a fix

The computer does not show any upgrades to load

BUT when I go to START and then Help and Support it says it can not find "HELPCTR.EXE"

I did a search on 2 computers and it located the same on both.

Also in IE7 I try to go to tools and it says we need to go to the administrator - this computer is not set up for passwords or anything

The last item which is the orginal problem is in some programs no printer can be found

• Administrator

Okay Joe, download and run this program:

http://www.lunarsoft.net/downloads/doc_dow...rk-cleanup-tool

This will fully uninstall all .NET Framework versions. Once that has completed I would recommend restarting your computer. It's been a while since I ran the script so it may require a reboot. Once you're back in Windows, using the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 redist should work without any problems.

Okay Joe, download and run this program:

http://www.lunarsoft.net/downloads/doc_dow...rk-cleanup-tool

This will fully uninstall all .NET Framework versions. Once that has completed I would recommend restarting your computer. It's been a while since I ran the script so it may require a reboot. Once you're back in Windows, using the .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 redist should work without any problems.

I really appreciate all you are doing - question - I can follow what you are saying - What I have doen so far has hurt a couple of things - Like some programs will not open I will try what you have said and see what happens THANKS

Thanks again I did what you said and I am not sure what the result is

Print shop is still looking for 1.1 and said we may have to reinstall

I can not get any program to work where ActiveX need to be installed

Should I have to reinsatll programs after the step I did?

• Administrator

No, there's no need to reinstall any programs, just the .NET Framework.

You may need to reset your IE permissions to get ActiveX to work properly. Reset to the default level.

Thank again

I thin we are getting closer to the problem

When I try to go to tools - Internet Options

I get this message

This operator has been cancelle due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator

She is the only operator???

• Administrator

I'd check the user permissions in the User Controls at the Control Panel. That way you can check if they're running as an Administrator or Limited User.

There are some strange things - It show that Trina is the Admin and running - But I also have been working with MicroSoft and trying things they suggest and nothing is working their OneCare Safety Scan department - I have some screen shots to send yoy and I can forward what they said to try -

not sure what is happening the files are not loading

Archived