Database

Ben

Hey,

I need to create a database for an organisation I'm with. It is for storing all data regarding uniforms. We keep all of the uniforms in a room called 'Stores' and uniform gets loaned out to people and then returned when they're finished with it. So I'm sure from that description you can understand how the database would be used. Basically, some sort of interface needs to be created where the database user can search for a certain person (to see what uniform they have), a uniform size or a particular type of uniform or a combination of any of these. If anybody is experienced in creating databases (using Microsoft Access 2007) then I'd appreciate any advice on the best way to create this database.

Thanks

How many uniforms does your organization have?

in Microsoft Access, you can create databases, then I think you can create some report interface thing via a wizard or something.

You create a couple of fields, such as UniformNumber, DateBorrowed, DataReturned, BorrowedByPerson. Or something, like that.

I've mostly used the MySQL database, although I've also used SQLite a bit.

Remember, to export the database to .sql files, and back it up.

You can have 2 tables, one is of person detail and other is of uniform details and you can create primary keys Person_id in person details form and uniform id in uniform details and then by using foreign key concept you can fetch the required record

You can have 2 tables, one is of person detail and other is of uniform details and you can create primary keys Person_id in person details form and uniform id in uniform details and then by using foreign key concept you can fetch the required record

Wow!

You seem to know about databases.

You know about 'primary key' and 'foreign key', the difference and how to use them.

Nice.