Internet Explorer Certificate error in Red in the Address Bar

I am having a problem accessing my hotmail account. When I sign in it comes up with the following security certificate error:

"There is a problem with this website's security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website's address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.

Click here to close this webpage.

Continue to this website (not recommended)."

Repeating..this happens when attempting to login my hotmail only, whereas everything else is ok.

Worth noting When I clicked on the 2nd option "Continue to this website (not recommended)" I get this address SHOPFLAIRE.COM

I would be very grateful if anyone can help tackling this security issue as currently I can't check my mail. I've XP windows SP3 & IE7

1) don't use internet explorer, use mozilla firefox or opera

2) did you type the correct adress?

3)Yes? then it's possible that you have spyware or adware on your computer because there exist linkchangers spyware. Scan your computer with an antivirus,antispyware program. you can also post a Hijack this log in the Hijack log forum section

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Tarun

First of all I'm immensely grateful for your kindness and quick response. Worth noting, right after submitting my "dilemma" and aimming at avoiding accumulation of my emails, I found myself obliged to tackle it by quick format my OS (WinXP SP3) and restore the formerly backed up pertinant image. So far the problem disappeared and my system is running perfectly. However, in the event of future similar problem, your recommendation will be taken into consideration.

In fact words stand mute to express my appreciation for your help.