My system restore tab is missing in the system properties window

rickster23b

You should see an icon that looks like icon-registry.gif and under it the name SysRestoreFix.

Remember you can right click > Save As this file then double click it to merge it with your registry. It's the same as the code above.

I ran the registry script do i reboot the computer ? Rickster23b

Ran the registry fix you gave me then tryed to start system resore at the services .msc window but got got the same error message i got before

Could not start the System Restore Service on Local Computer Error5 Access is denied.

Will not be able to reply again till Monday going away . Thanks again for your continued efforts Rickster23b

You should see an icon that looks like icon-registry.gif and under it the name SysRestoreFix.

Remember you can right click > Save As this file then double click it to merge it with your registry. It's the same as the code above.

I ran the registry script do i reboot the computer ? Rickster23b

Ran the registry fix you gave me then tryed to start system resore at the services .msc window but got got the same error message i got before

Could not start the System Restore Service on Local Computer Error5 Access is denied.

Will not be able to reply again till Monday going away . Thanks again for your continued efforts Rickster23b

I am back ready for more feedback on the last reply Rickster23

• Administrator

Since none of the methods thus far have fixed it (sfc /scannow, System Restore registry fix, reinstalling System Restore) the only other option you can do to fix it is to do a repair install.

1. Put in XP CD
  2. Choose Repair
  3. Repair OS

Since none of the methods thus far have fixed it (sfc /scannow, System Restore registry fix, reinstalling System Restore) the only other option you can do to fix it is to do a repair install.

1. Put in XP CD
  2. Choose Repair
  3. Repair OS

I would like to thank you and everybody at Lunarsoft for all there expertise and patience the problem is resolved.

Rickster23b

Archived