Wizards In Winter

Sniper

A friend sent me this video. The music is by the Trans-Siberian Orchestra. It's 5 megs so if you're on dial-up just be patient, it's worth the wait.

Wizards of Winter

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is the link I had to use to get there, the other one was just a blank white page...

http://www.swoj.com/humour/show.cfm?cat=3&...s%20of%20Winter

I have seen this tho and thought it was GREAT! :lol:

This is the link I had to use to get there, the other one was just a blank white page...

http://www.swoj.com/humour/show.cfm?cat=3&...s%20of%20Winter

I have seen this tho and thought it was GREAT! :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks TF. I checked my link after I posted it and it worked. It's the page you get when you click on your link. It pops up blank, then media player kicks in. I guess you need cookies from the first link for my original link to work right. Go figure.

Thanks TF. I checked my link after I posted it and it worked. It's the page you get when you click on your link. It pops up blank, then media player kicks in. I guess you need cookies from the first link for my original link to work right. Go figure.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I LOVE cookies and ate them all! LMAO :lol: Thanks

just discovered this, but you can download some of their songs off their website by going to: http://www.trans-siberian.com/multimedia/index.shtml

ok.. first off disclaimer, guessing since they have links to the music on their site, and downloading it from their site would just help cut down the amount of bandwidth they use (incase you keep streaming it to your comp lol) this wouldn't be considered warez.. but by all means, if you like a band like this, and want to support them buy a CD. Tarun, if you feel this post violates a rule go ahead and delete away :realmad:

ok lets begin... This works for the Windows Media Player files, i'm not sure about the RealPlayer ones since i don't use RealPlayer.

but basically all ya gotta do is right click on a link from their site and hit copy link, then use a stream recorder like CocSoft StreamDown and have it download it.. it IS a trial program, i can't find the freeware one i used to use anymore :(.. but when its done you'll have the %songname%.wma file in your C:\MyDownloads folder.

now... i bet you're wondering why we have to use a stream downloader.. this is because if you just right click the file and hit save link as.. you get a ~200 byte file... that normally has 2 links in it. both of which just download that same file again.. so using the stream recorder makes the server think its sending to a program like windows media player but insted its recording the data.

the .wma can then be converted to .mp3 by using dBpower AMP Music Converter again.. another trial program... lol. gotta install it with the optino for the 30 day trial.. so you can encode to mp3.. once you have dBpower AMP opened, open the .wma file and change the top where it says "Wave" to "Mp3 (Lame)" and set the Bit rate to 128 Kbps (original is encoded at 128 Kbps) press convert and you'll have your new .mp3 file :lol:

ok.. it's really late and haven't slept... so i bet theres a couple typos or grammar errors in there lol. guess thats what 36 hours of no sleep will do to ya.

• 4 weeks later...