COMODO Software removed from Softpedia

• Administrator

This makes me wish I got that lifetime license of Outpost Firewall Pro. I agree with what people at Softpedia are saying, a toolbar = adware, especially since it's checked by default. Reading over the Comodo forums they're being rude to people asking questions about these issues, closing threads and even banning people.

This makes me wish I got that lifetime license of Outpost Firewall Pro. I agree with what people at Softpedia are saying, a toolbar = adware, especially since it's checked by default. Reading over the Comodo forums they're being rude to people asking questions about these issues, closing threads and even banning people.

Outpost Free might be the way forward?

Kudos to Softpedia.

I am glad they put down the foot and don't put up with s***.

It gives Softpedia credibility.

Far too often you see those sites allow just about any crap.

Be firm as hell on the rules, and never back down. Take no s***! :D

• Administrator

Outpost Free might be the way forward?

It would, though I admit I wish it wasn't crippled so much. Some of the functions (like right click) were disabled unless you had the paid for pro version.

Kudos to Softpedia.

I am glad they put down the foot and don't put up with s***.

It gives Softpedia credibility.

Far too often you see those sites allow just about any crap.

Be firm as hell on the rules, and never back down. Take no s***! :D

I agree, I'm not liking how Comodo has acted towards Softpedia and other concerned users about this issue.

• Administrator

Given your response; Comodo being nasty, but Outpost being crippled, what's the best to go for?

I'm starting to lean back towards Outpost. I admit I'd love to get a lifetime license since they always score very well on Matousec.

Online Armor Free This is a well mannered, and a very good firewall available, here, http://majorgeeks.com/Online_Armor_Free_d4872.html here is homepage as well, http://www.tallemu.com/free-firewall-prote...n-software.html this is nice protection and not at all chatty.

They had a Giveaway of the Day promo yesterday where you could get it free but it was pretty bad in my opinion. No updates? No free support? That's not good.

Please note that the software you download and install during

the Giveaway period comes with the following important limitations:

1) No free technical support

2) No free upgrades to future versions

3) Strictly non-commercial usage

• Administrator

I came across this while Googling thanks to RTZ:

To get info on this product: http://www.agnitum.com/products/security-suite/index.php

To get free 6 month licence go: http://www.agnitum.com/promo/computeractive/ and fill some forms.

When filling forms use this promo code: 2SNVC-LQ97L-GSKC8-884SK-CWBAY

Free license for 6 months.

• Administrator

Looking more into the deal you posted, it's a lifetime license that covers 3 PCs for 60 bucks. 20 bucks per PC, which is a really good deal imo.

Tarun, you had mentioned to me a few days ago on IM that the license key is not really 6 months , how long is the key for exactly? Thanks RTZ