MSN Messenger

Capman

Have almost got to the stage where I have set up my latest computer to how I like, just got a few tweaks left to do.

But what I now need to do is transfer the kids Messenger settings over, such as emoticons, etc.

Once this is done I can then restore the old computer.

Any ideas where these settings are stored anyone?

Not exactly new, bought it off a mate for

• Administrator

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application­ Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<Numbered location>\CustomEmoticons\

They are in png format. just copy them to another folder and change the extension from dat to png.

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application­ Data\Microsoft\MSN Messenger\<Numbered location>\CustomEmoticons\

They are in png format. just copy them to another folder and change the extension from dat to png.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Tarun, I let my daughter rename them though, she had 206 emoticons. :lol:

Thanks Tarun, I let my daughter rename them though, she had 206 emoticons. :lol:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Soooo, she actually doesn't type words then, just uses icons?????

Sheesh, they'd like take half an hour to load just to find the one you need......

Might want to look at getting her a bigger hd too ;)

Cheers :lol:

She just types as normal and the emoticons appear automatically in place of certain words, but I think it makes a complete mess of everything.

Her mates are the same though so they don't mind, but if she chats with older people they hate it.