sending links in e-mail

hazelnut

If I am writing an e-mail in which I want to include several links, what is the best way to do this?

If I include a link which I got by going to a web page, -edit-copy- then paste it into the e-mail, there is no problem. However if I want to put in another link, obtained the same way into the same e-mail, when I do edit-paste all it does is paste the link of the first one I did. :D

• Administrator

I know in Thunderbird you can press Ctrl L (or go to Insert -> Link) to add many url's. You can also try to type them out, or to do basic html.

<a href="http://www.Lunarsoft.net/">Best website ever!</a>

I hope that helps. :D

If I am writing an e-mail in which I want to include several links, what is the best way to do this?

If I include a link which I got by going to a web page, -edit-copy- then paste it into the e-mail, there is no problem. However if I want to put in another link, obtained the same way into the same e-mail, when I do edit-paste all it does is paste the link of the first one I did. :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Look at what I have changed to blue hazelnut, there is your problem.

You are going edit-copy-paste for the first link, then edit-paste for the second link.

When you copy something it is always saved in an area of windows called the clipboard, then when you paste, the last thing copied will be pasted.

The way you are doing it as described in your post, is working fine for the first link, but then nothing else has been copied when you try doing the second link, hence the reason the first link is posted again.

An easier way, rather than mucking about with the edit button, is select the link you want to copy, right click it, select copy from the drop down menu, move to where you want it pasted, right click then choose paste.

Also, just typing a web address in Outlook Express, will mean it get's recognized as a web address and so becomes a link straight away.

Tried your suggestion CaPman, right click on a web address-copy, then paste where I want it. Next web address, right click -copy, and paste where I want it. Same web address second time!!

I know I can just write it but I just cannot work out why I cannot do it your way.

I have been doing some testing and I can copy and paste as many different web addresses in notepad one after the other, and they never repeat themselves (unlike in the e-mail)

This has solved a big problem for me as I send web links to a friend via e-mail, now I can just get them all onto notepad and then paste one by one , or even ALTOGETHER!!!

Thank you all gentlemen :D;) :)

Here is a link to a program I want to try:http://www.snapfiles.com/reviews/Yankee-Clipper/yankee.html  I can't do it here because my font is ποσεσσεδ!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have had a look at this and it sounds okay. The reviews are good. I will let you try it first!! Please let me know what you think

Here is the link I used (using ordinary font!)

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/yankee.html :D