Sign in to follow this  
Adel

can't install wmp11 on new pc w/ windows 7

Hi guys,

it's been a longtime since i've come to you w/ a problem to solve. Good to see most of the old gang is still posting here & assisting ppl like me.

anyways, I have a new lap top w/ W7, but for the life of me i cannot find a way to uninstall wmp that comes w/ it or even install wmp 11(which i love) on top of the one originally installed in my laptop.

I have even tried to install Keiro firewallbut windws wouldn't let me suggesting there's already a firwall installed.

any help to deal with this guys would be very appreciated.

Thank you so much

i cannot find a way to uninstall wmp that comes w/ it or even install wmp 11

It sounds like you want to down-grade from WMP12 to WMP11 - Google is your friend.

I have even tried to install Keiro firewall but windows wouldn't let me suggesting there's already a firewall installed.

It likely is Windows firewall. I wouldn't expect too many resellers sending a computer out their doors without a firewall configured and enabled (by default).

If I was you, I would determine if removing (or disabling) either can be accomplished without really screwing something up, you may be better off with the Windows 7 offerings. It shouldn't be too difficult to disable your existing firewall and install one you prefer. Are you sure Kerio is better than what you have now? :)

i cannot find a way to uninstall wmp that comes w/ it or even install wmp 11

It sounds like you want to down-grade from WMP12 to WMP11 - Google is your friend.

I have even tried to install Keiro firewall but windows wouldn't let me suggesting there's already a firewall installed.

It likely is Windows firewall. I wouldn't expect too many resellers sending a computer out their doors without a firewall configured and enabled (by default).

If I was you, I would determine if removing (or disabling) either can be accomplished without really screwing something up, you may be better off with the Windows 7 offerings. It shouldn't be too difficult to disable your existing firewall and install one you prefer. Are you sure Kerio is better than what you have now? :)

Thx gys for your replies.

The reason i want to downgrade wmp is because I can't-may more accurately because i can't figure out how to save files/vids I like. I had the old version wmp11 on my old pc & I was very happy w/ it.

As for the firewall, my new laptop comes w/ the windows firewall, so far it is doing a good job, but may be it's because of my good experience of 5yrs w/ Kerio firewall that's why I wanted to feel safer. May be I should do as they say"if it ain't broken don't fix it".

In my attempt to install kerio I did disable the windows firewall & yet again windows7 intervened to tell me that I already have a built in firewall in my system. I think I should just leave the firewall alone & focus on getting wmp to be installed.

thank you for your assistance

As far as I know, you can't downgrade WMP. It's quite a nice improvement in Windows 7, really. Try right clicking and looking for File > Save As... for your videos.

Try right clicking and looking for File > Save As... for your videos.

If you right-click on the top menu bar of WMP you'll get a menu with File, Edit, etcetera. The same effect can be achieved by hitting the Alt key (which also works in Explorer to show the top menu bar).

Here's a picture of where you can right-click to get that menu (highlighted):

kFDYAl.png