HP Touchpad

Sniper

I managed to snag the last one in my area. 10" touch screen, 1.2 Ghz processor, 1 Gig system memory, 32 Gig storage memory, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth. They came on the market on July 1, for $499. Nobody bought them because they only had 300 apps and the IPad2 was the same price, with 9,000 available apps. On August 20, HP told the vendors to drop the price to $99 for the 16 Gig model and $149 for the 32 Gig. For a buck fitty........I don't give a rat's butt how many apps are available.

100_3364a.jpg

Looks especially cool at that price.

It's supposed to be quite a bit slower than an iPad2 but, again, at that price, who cares?

In the UK, prices were slashed on 22 August to equal the USA prices (£89.00 for the 16GB, from £399 and £115 for the 32GB, from £479) and apparently sold out in less than an hour -- long before I even knew about the reduction.

Those original prices are were the exact same price as the iPad 2 WiFi 16GB & 32GB currently sells for at the London Apple store. I'm not surprised that they didn't sell many at that price.

• 5 weeks later...