Texas shoot out

Sniper

i can tell you from first hand experience that is some scary stuff believe me. not too long ago during a simple traffic stop i was shot at. all becouse the subject had a suspended license. as soon as the case is over i'll post the pictures of my patrol car. and your right, we dont get paid enough but its the satisfaction of helping others that keeps is going.

This is almost the same video that I posted in here, but this shows the first part. I hadn't seen the after effect. This is right by where I lived. I wasn't far from here at the Walmart LOL when it happened.

That cop was VERY lucky as you can see in the pics where those shots hit and he wasn't hurt!!!

Very scarey

Being from Texas myself ...I know those Texas Boys will be p***ed off to the hilt ...

In Houston, if you get stopped for a simple traffic violation , the cop comes toward your car with his hand on his gun in the holster ..just in case..

I usually put both my hands on the streering wheel in clear sight of the officer until he gets right up to my car , so He will not get nervous and blow my head off...justifiably so...

excellent thing to do and if at night turn on your dome light then put your hands on the steering wheel

EDIT: and don't be reaching for your wallet as soon as you are pulled over, to us it looks real suspicous when we are walking up. wait until the cop is at your window and asked to do so

****, saw the one that Filly put up, and never saw the aftermath.. Always wanted to be a cop, even if the pay isn't that great, just knowing you're making the world a safer place seems to be a good enough paycheck.

Plus as bad as it is, you probably get more respect when you're out in a police uniform then any of these soilders in Iraq that are back home.

I agree with that, hell if i went and spent 6 months in bootcamp, then another 8 or so months in Iraq.. and the appreciation of the united states people is "hey can i buy you a beer" if you're lucky... hell from all the people i've ever met i'd be surprised if anyone even looked twice at a soldier.

I read an article back in January or February of last year that wounded soilders that came back from Iraq had to pay for the food they ate at a hosptial.. because the military wasn't going to pay anymore... it's like c'mon people.. they just risked their lives for the country, some probably lost a leg or an arm or somethin.. and the only thing people can think about is "hey we're losing money because Joe Shmoe can't walk cause he lost both legs, his girlfriend probably left him, probably won't ever get laid again or ever be able to start a family, so lets start charging money!"

god.. i'm so anti military lol. but meh.. I guess seeing all the propaganda they used on us back in HighSchool made me relize this.

In my location, police officers are paid at the same level as nurses, teachers, firefighters, etc. Without overtime, its 65,000 per year (approximately 33 dollars per hour). Paid benefits (medical, dental, drug coverage, 15 sick days per year), excellent pension, lots of vacation, etc. This is better than most of the working class population.

Now while I believe that police officers earn every penny they make, keep in mind that you have a higher chance of being killed on the job in many other occupations. Truck drivers, rig workers, ship building, steel workers, etc.

I think the hardest part of being a police officer would be the emotional aspect from dealing with people that are less than savory day in and day out (like your sick stupid people out there).

I think the hardest part of being a police officer would be the emotional aspect from dealing with people that are less than savory day in and day out (like your sick stupid people out there).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thats why some of us police officers have a sick sense of humor :cuddle: , it's a way to deal with what we see out there patroling.