Internet Explorer 11 now globally available

NewsBot

Internet Explorer 11 (IE11) is available worldwide in 95 languages for download today. We will begin automatically updating Windows 7 customers to IE11 in the weeks ahead, starting today with customers running the IE11 Developer and Release Previews. With this final release, IE11 brings the same leading standards support--with improved performance, security, privacy, and reliability that consumers enjoy on Windows 8.1—to Windows 7 customers.

And with Windows 8.1, IE11 delivers the best experience of your sites and apps together. IE11 on Windows 8.1 delivers an experience that is fast, fluid and perfect for touch - the best Web experience on any tablet.

View the full article

Meanwhile, Microsoft-powered web servers not yet updated are still having difficulty recognizing IE 10 as a valid browser, never mind IE 11.

What idiot hard-coded the recognition of IE in the browser-sniffing code built-in to Windows Server OS's as being IE followed by a single-digit number?

• Administrator

I think it sucks they enabled Do Not Track policy by default.

That pretty much kills it and guarantees everyone will ignore it. :(

IE 11 and I think 10 are supposed to auto-update though, there is a checkbox in the about dialog.

Actually, I think on by default is a good thing. What greenknight said is true, some may not honor it, but it will still help for those that do.

Meanwhile, Microsoft-powered web servers not yet updated are still having difficulty recognizing IE 10 as a valid browser, never mind IE 11.

What idiot hard-coded the recognition of IE in the browser-sniffing code built-in to Windows Server OS's as being IE followed by a single-digit number?

And how many devs didn't stop to see that and think to futureproof? Though, what pages are having issues rendering? I've not had any problems when I've used IE.