ABP on Chrome stopped working

It seems some time in the past week, maybe since Friday, ABP stopped working using Google Chrome. It no longer blocks those ads in videos, nor even regular ads that appear on webpages. In fact, you can select to block something, but it doesn't let you click the option to add the rule.

I found plenty of search results of ABP not working in Chrome, going back years, and I'm not sure if it is related or not. Has anyone else had this problem recently or before?

• Administrator

I don't use Chrome at all. Have you checked to see what filter lists you're using? Also, have you considered trying the dev build to see if this issue persists there?

• Administrator

I never used Palemoon. Been using the trunk x64 builds of Nightly Firefox for years. Never really any issues, YouTube had a hiccup once with HTML5 but that was a year ago.

I gave Pale Moon a try, didn't seem that much faster than regular Firefox. Since Firefox security patches have to be back-ported to Pale Moon, you're not going to get them as soon - to me, any slight performance advantage isn't worth the increased window of vulnerability.

I mostly use Nightly Firefox, too, 32-bit. Never had any problems with YouTube.

When I had started using Palemoon a couple years ago, it was faster than Firefox. But as time went on, they are pretty much the same now. I had not switched to Palemoon for performance anyways. I had run into a problem with Firefox at the time (there was a unresolved bug for whatever it was, I forget) and switched browsers. That is only for one computer, I use Firefox on other ones still.