BIOS Update?

corjello

• Administrator

Generally they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." So, unless your BIOS is giving you issues, there's no need to update it. You wouldn't see any changes speedwise anyways. :shocking:

Generally they say "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."  So, unless your BIOS is giving you issues, there's no need to update it.  You wouldn't see any changes speedwise anyways.  :shocking:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Tarun, that is so true. Ive played around attempting to get things faster or better, and a few times dug myself into a big hole. The only good thing is, is whenever I do something like that, i seem to learn a whole lot in a short period of time (because i frantically am trying to get the thing working again).

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." 

G'day,

I also have to agree with this, haven't upgraded my BIOS for 4 years now. However I was going to last year as I ran Sandra across my system just to see what could be 'fixed' and a BIOS update was recommended.

Went online to get the update, and 'lo and behold', the armpits wanted my Credit Card details, ie; 'You want it, you pay for it'. Oh, I'm using Award as the BIOS in case you're wondering.

So I went with the above quote and gave it a miss.

Cheers :shocking: