@ MP

I don't know which of these two I would be more frightened of.

nbd7v42kf.th.jpg

How do you train a dog to be that aggressive towards someone, but then expect it to remain calm when you need it to?

Would the dog be able to be calm with the guy in the pic an hour later, knowing that he was trying to rip his arm off there?

I cant get into the very specifics of training K9’s for aggression training. But we utilize one of the basic drives that all K9’s posses and that is called “prey drive”. All that means is we are using the dogs basic needs for hunting and chasing. With lots of hard training we can turn on or off the prey drive with voice or hand commands. We start the aggression training with a young dog with play sessions using a tug toy and progressively move up from there. K9’s who are trained in aggression will act with or without any commands from the handler to protect themselves if they perceive aggression or danger from the bad guy. Also the K9’s will attack on cue from commands from the handler and will also cease an attack on cue. So basically if I'm in a struggle with a subject my partner will attack him even without me giving him command to do so. Or if I send my partner after a fleeing subject and he stops to give up I can recall my partner back to me or I can give him a command to guard the subject at the spot has surrendered until I get to take the subject into custody.

here is a picture of my partner when he is on guard

nchwtg.jpg

here he is when he's being playfull

nch9fp.jpg

here is our office

nchyea.jpg

Oh no, that was the pic that I described as cute. :)

I really did think it was the dog, oh well my bad. :)

I should not have let the word cute escape out of my "perty mouth" :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ermmm, I think you made either a typo or your spelling sucketh, shouldn't that be 'potty'? :)

Cheers :)

Oh no, that was the pic that I described as cute. :)

I really did think it was the dog, oh well my bad. :)

I should not have let the word cute escape out of my "perty mouth" :)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh you were right, CapMan, MP's partner is just beautiful....in the picture, though, MP is off camera and that gorgeous partner of his is teaching MP how to sit up by demonstrating it to him. :)