Windows Defender Beta 2

JMac

Nope, put a Windows 98 boot disk in the computer and restart it, this will stop it from loading up XP, from here on you would continue with installing 98SE.

You would however need to make sure you have certain things ready before you begin, such as sound drivers, graphics drivers etc for when you get XP back on the computer.

Nope, put a Windows 98 boot disk in the computer and restart it, this will stop it from loading up XP, from here on you would continue with installing 98SE.

You would however need to make sure you have certain things ready before you begin, such as sound drivers, graphics drivers etc for when you get XP back on the computer.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Not too sure on if you'll run into the same problem with going from XP to '98, but I do know that if you're running Win2000, you can't retro install older versions. The system just spits the dummy at you and won't allow you to go further.

As I said not entirely sure if you'll get the same with XP, but it's something you'll need to be aware of if for some reason it won't let you install 98.

The only work around that I had was to hard format my system and start from scratch.

Cheers :hello: