Stargate Worlds

Well, ever since Stargate: The Alliance got canceled (cue violin) I have been looking out for new games, not necessarily full games, but just Stargate games in general (a BF1942 mod called Stargate:BFM looks decent, but I lost my BF1942 cd). SG:TA got picked up by Namco after being dumped, but the future of the game is not bright :P

I think I may have found it :)

A Stargate MMO? No WAY!

Apparently it will be something along the lines of Stargate Worlds, and it will be based on both SG-1 and SG:A... it's still very early in development, but so far, it looks pretty cool!

StarGate Worlds.com

STARGATE MMO Corporate Linky

Of course, you could always bash it for being in "modern" SG times (Ori, etc.) but still... it's Stargate.

• Administrator

Last I heard Stargate: Alliance kept getting delayed, but nothing about it being canceled. Even their forums hasn't said it's canceled.

If it is a MMORPG, hopefully it'll be like Guild Wars with no monthly fee. :P

• 1 year later...

yea, year old topic, but started then deleted a thread cause i saw this one..... can't think of which is worse.... Necro'ing a year old thread, or starting another thread.. lol... some forums hate necroing, some hate starting a new one...

Me = Nub to moderation...

anyways....

http://au.gamespot.com/news/6167289.html

Apparently, the game has been in preproduction for some years and is now in full production, and is being developed with direct input from Stargate SG-1 show producers Brad Wright and Robert Cooper.

some keynotes i saw....

Players will be able to hit the "level cap" (the game's maximum character level) relatively quickly, and instead of focusing on creating characters that are more powerful, players will be free to explore and to participate in the game's player-versus-player (PVP) battle system, though Ybarra put forward the idea that the game's population will likely end up split between about 10 percent of hardcore fans in PVP, and the other 90 percent exploring the world and taking on quests.

so sounds like another Guild Wars type game of a low level player cap... but sounds like it's gonna be more PvE oriented then PvP...

dunno what they expect people like Me who make a toon, get it to it's cap, then get bored and delete the toon though.... sounds like what I used to do on GW practically daily.

also, sounds like, and given the SG world i'd expect it to be, more of a FPS type game.. kinda makes me wonder if it's gonna be successful at all.... with how games have sucked for the past 3 years, i'm kinda wondering on that...

I swear game developer's need to make a game like D2 again.... (and not screw it up... *cough 1.10 *cough*...)

• Administrator

It will be interesting to see what they plan to do with this game. When they were going to create the FPS based on the Unreal Engine it looked totally awesome. I know there's a lot of hype about the Pirates of the Caribbean MMORPG so I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if the SG-1 MMORPG takes off with a lot of success.

• 1 year later...
  • Administrator

The game may be worth playing if there's no monthly fee. After all, it'll be something to do.

I did try that Pirates MMO by Disney and good lord that was total garbage. They cater to people who can pay in far too many ways (levels, ships, weapons, even clothes and more...).

• 4 months later...