Mac getting stronger...

Glade

Hey everyone! Good Friday morning to you!

Just want to harp again on why Macs are cool. (I can't let it rest you know, it's my job to make you people see the light!) Here is a link I think you'd find interesting:

http://arstechnica.com/journals/apple.ars/2006/7/20/4719

And check out this one for some real Steve/Mac nostalgia:

http://whatwouldtimmydo.org/node/13

Please take my comments/suggestions as just gentle pressure : ) I love the Mac and always will!

Have a great day!

Glade : )

Now I see why it's in Wacky World.  Macs market share going up, what a joke!  lol :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are just MEAN! Why don't you give Mac a chance? You have to AT LEAST admit that they are prettier than PCs! : )

You are just MEAN! Why don't you give Mac a chance? You have to AT LEAST admit that they are prettier than PCs! : )

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they aren't prettier than MY PC. :P

My personal feelings on the Mac OS:

The GUI seems a little more well-written than the Windows GUI; even on slower Macs, the menu and window visuals don't lag. In the Windows GUI, menus and image rendering frequently lags, even with very fast hardware.

However, Macs ARE NOT more intuitive. My experience with Mac features has been that you need to spend a significant amount of time working with them to truly understand them. Windows isn't perfectly intuitive either, but I would say definitely more-so than Mac.

So yeah, Macs are purty, but PCs are, in my opinion, a little simpler and more useful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I bet they aren't prettier than MY PC. :P

My personal feelings on the Mac OS:

The GUI seems a little more well-written than the Windows GUI; even on slower Macs, the menu and window visuals don't lag. In the Windows GUI, menus and image rendering frequently lags, even with very fast hardware.

However, Macs ARE NOT more intuitive. My experience with Mac features has been that you need to spend a significant amount of time working with them to truly understand them. Windows isn't perfectly intuitive either, but I would say definitely more-so than Mac.

So yeah, Macs are purty, but PCs are, in my opinion, a little simpler and more useful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You know I really think that it boils down to a personal preference, and "style" of working with a computer. To me, the Mac OS is very intuitive, but that's just the way I work. I use both Mac and PC, at home and at work, and my MacBook Pro even has Windows XP installed on a separate partition (so I can play Guild Wars!). So I see how both operating systems work, and it always seems to me that you can do a procedure and achieve a result with many less keystrokes on a Mac than on a PC. But maybe that is just because I know the operating system so well, and maybe DON'T know the PC operating system AS well!

Anyway, I know I do my share of PC bashing, but it's all in good fun, and I don't care what kind of computer anyone uses, just so they use it and know what they're doing. As with many issues in life, to each his own. All I ask is that people give Mac a chance, you might be a Mac person at heart and don't know it! I have many friends and acquaintances that have "switched" and they say they would never go back. Maybe those people just should have always had a Mac to start with.

Macintosh is so elegant, and beautiful, and easy to use, there will always be one in my house!

PS: I really originally posted this to get another rise out of Tarun! He is so hard-headed and obstinate about Macs! If the truth were known, he probably has a deep, secret, unconscious yearning for one of these beautiful babies!

Macintosh is so elegant, and beautiful, and easy to use, there will always be one in my house!

PS: I really originally posted this to get another rise out of Tarun! He is so hard-headed and obstinate about Macs! If the truth were known, he probably has a deep, secret, unconscious yearning for one of these beautiful babies!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this is the case, then I'm the same.

I can just see it now, a Mac keeping my doors open in summer, one holding down all my paperwork in the office, another Mac attached to an anchor rope on my boat. A Mac up against the back wheel of Mack truck to stop it from rolling.........

The possibilities are ENDLESS!!............ ;P

Cheers :P

Now why would you want to use a Macintosh to do those things, when a PC can do them SOOO much better! They are bigger, heavier, have more protruberances to fasten to and provide more immobility (in the case of the Mack truck), AND, you have the following additional uses:

*Put one in your garden to scare all the crows away

*Use as a step-stool to reach high places (no, scratch that, too heavy to move easily)

*Put one on your desk next to your sleek Mac (any model) to fill up that unsightly empty space

*Use as tie-down for dogs, horses, (heck, even elephants!) to keep them from wandering

*Use as ballast in the back of your pickup truck when you drive in the snow

*Use as extra endtable, coffee table, nightstand (as long as you can cover it up to hide ugliness)

*Put in the driveway when you have a yardsale to attract all the PC-using cheapskates

*Keep one on hand to use when you are feeling self-abusive

*And last but not least, keep one around just to remind you why you use a Macintosh in the first place!