My laptop battery

Photogrrlz

I have a toshiba Satellite M35X-S149 laptop and I seem to been having battery issues lately.

My power cord when I plug in is not charging or is being read by the laptop... Sometimes it does with the AC light on and now its being a pain to get it to charge the battery while I am using it. I have to mess with the cord alot.

I thought at first it was the power pack, but when I turn off the puter the light comes on to charge. I aslo took the laptop battery out and tried to start it just with the AC and it didn't work.

Any suggestions or questions cause lord knows I forgot something.....

Does jiggling the cord around cause it to go off and on? I have known a lot of notebook power cords to short out. My brother's notebook power cord shorted just a few months ago. We ended up finding the place where the short was at and electric taping the cord in such a way that the shorted ends met and couldn't come apart. Of course, I wouldn't recommend that as a professional way of fixing your problem. If it is indeed a short in your power cable, it would be best to go on the website of your notebook manufacturer and purchase a new one.

Let me know if that is your problem. If it isn't, I'll try to think of something else. Good luck! :P

Does jiggling the cord around cause it to go off and on?  I have known a lot of notebook power cords to short out.  My brother's notebook power cord shorted just a few months ago.  We ended up finding the place where the short was at and electric taping the cord in such a way that the shorted ends met and couldn't come apart.  Of course, I wouldn't recommend that as a professional way of fixing your problem.  If it is indeed a short in your power cable, it would be best to go on the website of your notebook manufacturer and purchase a new one.

Let me know if that is your problem.  If it isn't, I'll try to think of something else.  Good luck!  ;P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it prob is my problem, I just thought it was odd that when I turn it off it wants to charge but if its on I have to mess with it ALOT!!!!! lol

I mean right now it is in but it goes from on to off working. Makes my screen get bright and dim.

also thank you for the quick reply and help :P

• Administrator

It's possible the wiring is loose in either the cord or there is dirt in the connector.

First you'll want to turn it off and clean the power connectors on your laptop itself. Dirt can really mess with it. :P

Other known issues:

Battery power may drain more quickly than you expect on a Windows XP SP2-based portable computer

It's possible the wiring is loose in either the cord or there is dirt in the connector.

First you'll want to turn it off and clean the power connectors on your laptop itself.  Dirt can really mess with it.  :P

Other known issues:

Battery power may drain more quickly than you expect on a Windows XP SP2-based portable computer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay, dumb question how should I clean it?

• 1 month later...