itunes/sound card

corjello

i just installed itunes 7 and i have an issue with the music playback. it plays, then becomes jarbled and doesnt sound smooth. i have gone to apples website and done all they advise except update my audio drivers. i have been expieriencing this problem for about 6 months with quicktime, and now with the new itunes it has occured. they show how to update my sound card, but under device manager, i have about 10 sound devices listed... and i dont know which one i need to update. screenshot is attatched

)corjello(

sound_drivers.bmp

the update thing said i had two critical downloads to do, so i went ahead and did those. im testing it to see if it got fixed as we speak

edit- i meant the number of devices my screenshot shows, i dont think i was clear on my last post

)corjello(

ok, i thought so but wanted to check. why does it display such a large number of devices?

)corjello(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Think this is right.

The first 2 are for the TV tuner, either you have 2 or your graphics card my have cloned one. Does that with my monitor, sometimes I'll show 2 or 3 extra default monitors.

3, 4, 5, 6, & 10 are XP/2000's generic drivers for devices you might install

7 is your sound card

8 is the audio chip on your MOBO

9 is your VOICE modem

well, i give up. after uninstalling all creative software, registry cleaning, then reinstalling the essentials only it still doesnt work. also an uninstall of quicktime and itunes, registry cleaning, then reinstalling doesnt work either. i don't think its my fault...

)corjello(