News submissions open to all members.

Tarun

• Administrator

Your news will not show up until it is approved by our staff.

Also, if you are interested in joining our Editorial staff, please PM me or post a reply here. We need more people for news and reviews.

Unfortunately I have so many things to take care of that I can't handle posting news daily because of doing forum updates, software design, college, and much, much more.

----- Template -----

Title

One of the four categories.

Category news image

Summary

(If applicable) (Download image) Download: Link 1 (Size, *.extension) | (Other download links if more than one, or more than one version. Example below)

(Source Image) Source: Link

(If applicable) (Changelog image) Changelog: Release Notes

-----

There are four categories,
  • Lunarsoft.net - Site related and such.
  • Software - Anything software related.
  • Hardware - Anything hardware related.
  • Security - Things such as security patches for Windows, etc.

Here's the images. All of these are to be aligned at the Right. Be sure to include the Title and Description when you post the image.

Joomla features an image insertion button that makes it very easy to use.

-----

If there is more than one download. Winamp for example has Full, Lite, Pro, and E-Music Bundle. You'd make it like so:

Lite (Size, *.exe) | Full (Size, *.exe) | E-Music Bundle (Size, *.exe) | Pro (Size, *.exe)

I recently updated the posting software for news (TinyMCE) and it has many more features and takes a lot less work. :happybday:

You now no longer need to worry about the image sizes, though you will need to add an image description and title. I'll keep an eye out for more software updates to make it easier. :happybday:

If you want to play around with our news posting software, check this link.

Is there a tutorial or help page that explains how to post news?

Maybe one of the existing news item code could be posted here in a code box to give people an idea of what the format code looks like, it should be easy for the rest of us to adapt that to suit.

Is there a tutorial or help page that explains how to post news?

Maybe one of the existing news item code could be posted here in a code box to give people an idea of what the format code looks like, it should be easy for the rest of us to adapt that to suit.

It's not that hard, follow the template here: https://forums.lunarsoft.net/index.php?s...ic=1906

There is a help link on the Add News page, I didn't even bother with it - just figured it out from the tooltips. I'm not the most advanced user, if I can do it anyone can.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Administrator

With the addition of Joomla we have enhanced news features. Until our databases are synchronized members can post news here in this forum and it will be copied to the frontpage with full credit given.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

Unfortunately there are no good bridges to connect the forums and Joomla. Integration most likely will not be happening. I have tried two bridges so far and both have multiple negative issues.