Screwed Up

For the post that you were trying to do, you would of had to do the following:

Step 1

Enter a Title, and change the Category to Software.

Click the Insert/edit image icon.

In the Image URL box put the following:

/images/frontpage/software.png
In the Image description and Title boxes, type Software. Click the Appearance tab, change the Alignment to right. Click Insert, (this will place the Software icon in the relevant place in the post). Step 2 The cursor will now be flashing to the right of the software icon. Paste the text in to the box, it will automatically be placed to the left of the software icon. Space down one line. Step 3 Click the Insert/edit image icon, In the Image URL box put the following:
/images/frontpage/download.png
In the Image description and Title boxes, type Download, Click Insert, (this will place the Download icon in the relevant place in the post), Put a space next to the icon, then type Download: Power Archiver Trial Version, Highlight Power Archiver Trial Version, then click the Insert/edit link icon, Enter the Link URL, Change the Target to Open in new window (_blank), Click Insert. Step 4 Click the Insert/edit image icon, In the Image URL box put the following:
/images/frontpage/source.png
In the Image description and Title boxes, type Source, Click Insert, (this will place the Source icon in the relevant place in the post), Put a space next to the icon, then type Source: Power Archiver Home, Highlight Power Archiver Home, then click the Insert/edit link icon, Enter the Link URL, Change the Target to Open in new window (_blank), Click Insert. Step 5 Click the Insert/edit image icon, In the Image URL box put the following:
/images/frontpage/changes.png

In the Image description and Title boxes, type Changelog,

Click Insert, (this will place the Changelog icon in the relevant place in the post),

Put a space next to the icon, then type Changelog: Power Archiver History,

Highlight Power Archiver History, then click the Insert/edit link icon,

Enter the Link URL,

Change the Target to Open in new window (_blank),

Click Insert.

Step 6

Click Save and the post will now appear on the frontpage.

Hopefully this will help you out next time Ultimate Predator, hopefully I have not left anything out either.

One thing he left out - there's a preview button (looks like a page with a magnifying glass over it). You might want to try that before you click Save, make sure it looks right before you submit it. My first attempt took several tries before I was comfortable submitting it (it was a mess the first time I previewed it).

I had not actually stumbled across the preview button yet, thanks for letting me know about that greenknight.

When I was first posting news, I had actually submitted a post sometimes, only to have to go back and edit it again.

Edit:

Don't like the preview function, I just tried it, it centers everything and does not truly reflect how the post is going to look.

Don't like the preview function, I just tried it, it centers everything and does not truly reflect how the post is going to look.
Hmmm... I don't think it used to, maybe an unintended consequence of changes made recently.

I tried to post a story last night (about new Thunderbird version, I see you got it covered) - I couldn't paste text in, even though I had the site allowed previously. I deleted and re-allowed the site, it should work now (I think). That requires restarting Firefox, and it was already real late, so...

Hmmm... I don't think it used to, maybe an unintended consequence of changes made recently.

Possibly.

Do any other news posters use the preview button?

Any comments as to the way it displays a preview?

Preview Button? What will they think of next?....... :cry:

Heh, didn't now there was one.... I used the same method of posting, then quickly editing to make changes.

Having said that though, after playing with it I found no problem what so ever in preview mode. Was laid out exactly as I set up....

Issue might be at your end.

Cheers :cake: