Lavasoft Ad-Aware 2007 Beta is available

Tarun

• Administrator

Download: Ad-Aware 2007 Beta

Changes:

• Fully redesigned engine. Ad-Aware 2007’s powerful, efficient engine increases your productivity by delivering one of the fastest scans on the market without clogging your computer’s resources.
  • Advanced Code Sequence Identity technology. Our improved CSI technology detects malware that is deeply imbedded in your system and keeps you protected from the latest threat advancements.
  • Enhanced Detection Database. Incremental updates ensure a quick download from our comprehensive threat database, again freeing up your most valuable computer resources.
  • New graphical user interface (GUI). The fresh, new look of our straightforward GUI means easy navigation through all of Ad-Aware 2007’s advanced protection options.
  • Automatic scans and Web updates. Set a personalized schedule for automatic scans and definition file updates, letting Ad-Aware do the work for you according to your schedule and preferences. You’ll never miss an update from the Detection Database again.
  • Ad-Watch TrackSweep. The new TrackSweep feature clears browser cache, cookies, and history that are left behind while you surf the Internet on IE, Firefox and Opera, all in one easy click of a button.
  • Ad-Watch Connect. The real-time monitoring of Ad-Watch is expanded to include an additional shield against hijackers and identify theft by preventing private information from leaving your computer. (Note! Ad-Watch Connect is not implemented in this Beta release)
  • Hosts File Editor. This new tool gives you the power to add, delete or make changes to the Hosts File to block advertisement sites, reverse browser hijack entries, create navigational shortcuts, and assist with parental controls.
  • Multiple Browser Support. Ad-Aware 2007 supports Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera ?“ so now you can use the web browser of your choice.
  • System Restore Point. Ad-Aware 2007’s conveniently located system restore point means you never have to worry about accidentally deleting a file during cleanup.

System Requirements

Processor

P600

RAM

Operating system + minimum 50 MB (100 MB recommended)

Hard Disk

50 MB free space recommended

Operating Systems

Windows 2000 (Pro and Server)

Windows Server 2003

Windows XP (Home, Pro, and Pro x64 Editions)

Windows Vista (including x64 Edition)

Web Browsers

Internet Explorer (version 5.5 or higher)

Firefox (version 1.5 or higher)

Opera (version 9 or higher)

• 2 weeks later...

I currently have BETA 1 installed and im trying to remove it... but i cant it keeps coming up...

Error 1722. There is a problem with this Windows installer package. A program run as part of the setup did not finish as expected. Contact your support personnel or pacakage vendor.

i even tryed upgrading to BETA 2 but it said i need to remove BETA 1.

JMac, i not sure whether u found a solution... but i have found something that might help...

go to the computer and find the Ad-Aware folder and delete the whole folder

go to add/remove programs, locate the Ad-Aware item and click Repair it

after computer signals repair is completed, click uninstall

otherwise, Windows Installer Cleanup tool, might help...

MrT - I still haven't found a fix for the problem i.e to uninstall adware 07 beta 1

i tryed your suggestion and a box came up saying you need premission to preform this action... and so it coulden't be completed...

i also tryed the Windows Installer Cleanup tool and each time i launch it says theres a script error...