Front Page Looks Messed Up

The text is too wide, creating overlap and pushing icons over the border.

First saw this very late last night, I should have brought it up then but I was tired and I figured Tarun was probably on top of it already. Apparently I was wrong.

Resolution 800x600, tried 1024x768 and it looked ok (Except too teeny-tiny, it hurts my eyes. Must get bigger monitor!). Same resolution I've been using, it looked fine until the night before last. Screenshot below.

@ Eldmannen - It's Firefox, of course! Actually, it looks the same in 3 different Firefox builds.

Have you tried it using without the plugins/extensions, or with a stable version of Firefox? (since I noticed you use Bon Echo)
I meant to mention that I tried it with a clean profile, too; guess I left that out. I did mention that I tried 3 different Firefox builds. It was the same with the current release and the nightlies.

Looks pretty ok here on Firefox 3 Beta 3 on Ubuntu, even when I resize the browser window so it becomes small.

Maybe it's only in Windows.

Anyway, it's much better today; I assume something was fixed. Still a small glitch, though:

The text boxes for Login and Search also have the problem.

• Administrator

It's an issue with the custom theme and it has a few bugs. I know it can have some issues on displays smaller than 1024x768.

Should it not get resolved we can always try the default template.

I do like the template, but if there's a Joomla 1.5 template out there that has a Web 2.0 look/feel, let me know.

• Administrator

If the problems keep coming up with the current theme I'll look into switching over. I definitely need a graphics team to configure it to a look I'd prefer if we do switch.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrator

I've been keeping my eye on this and I've had a few people say I should get a new theme. I am agreeing with them too. It's a pity that free themes often aren't very good.

There is a very popular theme website that makes professional themes. Unfortunately there is a membership fee. With some more donations we will be able to get an account and have a MUCH nicer frontpage theme. :wave:

If anyone would like to help us, you can do so by donating.