DriverAgent

G'day folks,

for those of you, who like me, are ...... erm..... lazy when it comes to keeping your drivers up-to-date I highly recommend the following site:

Driver Agent

I've been using this site now for some 4 months and it hasn't steered me wrong yet. In fact when I first ran this program after registering (annual fee of US$29.95) I thought that I had my drivers fairly well up-to-date (my estimate at the time was about 85-90%) however, after scanning my system I found that my drivers where only 47% up-to-date and that in fact I had installed some incorrect ones.

I now run this program once month, only takes a matter of seconds (remembering I'm on cable) and provides me with a list of drivers that I need to update, which is easily done by clicking the necessary links.

In fact this program is so good that it even detected that I was running a dual 24" monitor system (1 x Analog, 1 x Digital) and installed the drivers necessary to be compatible with my video card. I didn't know that I was actually required to use both series of drivers as I was under the impression that my video card would compensate. Live and learn.

So, all in all, it's the best $29.95 that I've spent in a long time and it gets a :hmm: and ;) from me.

(If this is not in the correct section, can you please move it to the appropriate area Tarun?)

Cheers :D

THAT,s BIG BUCKS oops darn caps. i guess its great if you have alot on pc but i do not so its out of my league but sounds like its great stuff. nice find thks for info

Or you could just bookmark the download page on the manufacturers website and visit them once in a while.

Or keep using old device drivers, if it runs stable.

I run Ubuntu, it checks for updates for all my software (not only OS updates) and device drivers, so I don't have todo anything. It checks everyday, and it didn't cost anything.

So, all in all, it's the best $0 that I've spent in a long time! :hmm:

he,he you could say the best money you never invested. good for you. man linuix seems cool but im not quite ready yet but you seem to have the best of both worlds

If you know how to burn an ISO image onto a CD, you can download Ubuntu and flirt with it, without actually installing it or modifying your system. You just burn it to a CD, and restarts the computer, and it boots from the CD. Available at Ubuntu.com.

If you don't know how to burn an ISO image into a CD, you can pre-order a free CD from https://shipit.ubuntu.com/, you don't even pay the shipping and handling. :hmm:

THAT,s BIG BUCKS oops darn caps. i guess its great if you have alot on pc but i do not so its out of my league but sounds like its great stuff. nice find thks for info

Hmmm, not really that expensive, if you break it down over the year, that's only $2.50 a month. Heck, that's cheaper than a hamburger and a lot healthier too...... :D As for having a lot on your PC, doesn't really matter. It is in your best interest to keep up-to-date with driver updates if you want to keep your system humming along nicely.

Or you could just bookmark the download page on the manufacturers website and visit them once in a while.

Or keep using old device drivers, if it runs stable.

Used to keep the bookmarks, however, as stated at times I downloaded the incorrect version which didn't help and as for using old drivers...... you're kidding right? With the amounts of revisions to certain products you're leaving yourself open to all sorts of heartache to more you stay behind and the more problems you end up having.

I realise that you're a Linux advocate and good for you that you prefer this OS, but for the MAJORITY (over 78%) of the remainder of the world that uses Windoze and it's associated products that work with MS, keeping your drivers up-to-date is as important as keeping your Malware products up-to-date, fall too far behind and it's going to bite you in the posterior.

Cheers :hmm:

And, NO, I'm not receiving any kickbacks for the endorsement of Driver Agent. I put it out there for those that like to keep on top of updates so that they're not having to continuously scour the web looking for individual updates. It's all nicely presented in one area and you can jump to the relevant locations from the report to get your updates.