Trojan FalseAlarm

I managed to get this infection last night. These sickos who have nothing better to do then mess up everybodies Pc should be sent to the depths of Hell. But the superb scanning ability of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware crushed it like a bug wirth extreme prejudice.

It is not that they have nothing better todo because they actually make money from it.

Though you could argue that they should get a "real" legit job.

But if nobody made malware, then the poor guys over at Symantec would starve to death. erm.png lol

So lets make a conspiracy theory where we imagine that by day they work at their anti-virus company, but by night they write malware! shifty.gif

LOL!!! Hmm, I like your way of thinking. Conspiracy I wouldn't doubt that at all. But seriously, I'm glad that there are dedicated PC Wizards who are as relentless fighting to prevent this stuff (as these idiots who make these nasties). Otherwise you may as well throw the Pc out with the garbage, or better yet use Ubuntu.

Not all of them are idiots.

While it is true that there are plenty of script kiddies with no clue, they cant even spell correctly and don't know how to compile stuff. They buy or download pre-made phishing kits, malware, etc.

There are some very skilled "not so nice" people too.

People who write rootkits sometimes have very in-depth knowledge of the inner workings of the operating system.

There are people who are smart that develop malware that uses polymorphic code, encryption, etc.

The Storm botnet were pretty cool. It used encryption and P2P technologies so it was decentralized. I also heard that it protected itself by automatically launching DDoS attacks on people who tried to scan for it...

Not all evil people are idiots.

Not all are "evil", some are just "immoral".

It sucks when companies distribute spyware and even have the nerve to sue anti-spyware vendors, or when spammers have the nerve to sue SpamHaus for having them on their e-mail blacklist.

It sucks when criminals blackmail others to pay, of they attack their servers.

But it would be pretty d*** awesome to spread a worm that hit 100 million machines and put goatse/lemonparty/tubgirl as desktop wallpaper. :)

That would be absolutely hilarious! It would be epic.

It would also be cool with a worm that downloaded a Folding@home client and set it up to run invisible in the background.

It would also be cool with a worm that installed a program that would surf to random websites and visit a list of search engines where it searches for random words. It would drown the signal-to-noise (SNR) ratio of anti-democratic privacy-invading spying systems used to spy on innocent citizens.

• Administrator

It would also be cool with a worm that installed a program that would surf to random websites and visit a list of search engines where it searches for random words. It would drown the signal-to-noise (SNR) ratio of anti-democratic privacy-invading spying systems used to spy on innocent citizens.

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~dhowe/trackmenot/

http://mrl.nyu.edu/~dhowe/trackmenot/

Thanks for the link. Thats exactly what I am talking about.

Imagine that installed on 100 million computers, it would be awesome.

A worm like that would do a lot of good in China since it would be impossible to tell who searched for what.

I've heard stories about search engine companies handing over records to government who have arrested journalists and innocent citizens and tortured them.

http://business.timesonline.co.uk/tol/busi...icle1678306.ece

http://tech.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=08/05/19/148208

Horrible.