FireFox 3

G'day folks,

I've been using FF3 for some time now, but I can't set up my bookmarks to open in a new tab without having to right-click on the bookmark and choosing 'Open in New Tab'.

Every time I open a bookmark it loads itself in the last open tab and thereby 'unloads' that page. This didn't happen in FF2 but for the life of me I can't work out how to set this in FF3.

Any ideas?

Cheers :)

Not a workaround, that's the quick way to open any link in a new tab. If you simply must have left-click open bookmarks in a new tab, you need to install the Tab Mix Plus extension. A development build that works with Firefox 3.0.x is available here: http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9178

It's a large and complex extension that gives you all kinds of options for tab behavior. Up to you if it's worth it or not.

Not a workaround, that's the quick way to open any link in a new tab. If you simply must have left-click open bookmarks in a new tab, you need to install the Tab Mix Plus extension. A development build that works with Firefox 3.0.x is available here: http://tmp.garyr.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9178

It's a large and complex extension that gives you all kinds of options for tab behavior. Up to you if it's worth it or not.

Thanks much for that.

Yep, that's what I was using for FF2, but isn't compatible with FF3 yet, will try your suggested link and give that a whirl.

You're welcome. :) They really make you hunt to find the right build. I'd heard about it in the nightly build thread on the Mozillazine forum, so I new it was out there somewhere; kept looking til I found it.

It's not on the Mozilla Add-ons site yet, and that's the only place you get auto-updates from. Thus you have to install it manually.

I meant the new build isn't on AMO yet, when it's finalized it will be posted there and available via auto-update. Don't know what's taking so long, Fx 3.0.1 has been out for a while and that update is needed for compatibility.

Yep, it works, thanks much for the headsup.

Sidenote/Thread Hijack: My exhaulted presence will be somewhat diminshed for the next 4-6 weeks as I'm moving house and my new connection is going to be just marginally faster than a snail's pace. Going to hate leaving cable behind and downgrading to ADSL1 :)