November 2008

Capman

Well, I haven't done this in a while:

t440_desktop.jpg

And thanks for the link to that site Capman, imagespeech is far better than imageshack, which has just got so damn slow. How come you Recycle Bin icon doens't blend in with the bakckground? Is that why you have that progam for all the other icons to go on?

Also, nice site, very handy. What inspired you to create it?

I have the dock just because it makes the desktop look nicer and tidier, but don't put the recycle bin on it because the icon does not change to show whether the bin has anything in it or not. Also I like to be able to right click the recycle bin to empty it, whereas if it was on the dock I would actually have to open it.

If you are referring to the 'get it' site, it was created as a starting point for my sparky's place forum, 'get it' was also called sparky's place at one point.

The idea was that people would come there first, pick a radio station to listen to, maybe catch up on the latest news, then continue to the forum to have fun.

That was when I got the idea of changing the name to 'get it', because it does exactly what it says, allows people to come and 'get it'. The members of the forum were not so keen on the forum name being changed though, they think sparky's place sounds like a pub and so represents somewhere that people would come to hang out, not that many do these days.

I have the dock just because it makes the desktop look nicer and tidier, but don't put the recycle bin on it because the icon does not change to show whether the bin has anything in it or not. Also I like to be able to right click the recyhttps://forums.lunarsoft.net/index.php?act=Post&CODE=02&f=43&t=3385&qpid=21485cle bin to empty it, whereas if it was on the dock I would actually have to open it.

If you are referring to the 'get it' site, it was created as a starting point for my sparky's place forum, 'get it' was also called sparky's place at one point.

The idea was that people would come there first, pick a radio station to listen to, maybe catch up on the latest news, then continue to the forum to have fun.

That was when I got the idea of changing the name to 'get it', because it does exactly what it says, allows people to come and 'get it'. The members of the forum were not so keen on the forum name being changed though, they think sparky's place sounds like a pub and so represents somewhere that people would come to hang out, not that many do these days.

Ah interesting stuff. Thanks for answering all my questions. Does the ock use a lot of resources? What software do you use for it?

Linux.

Ubuntu 8.10 "Intrepid Ibex".

screenshotjp4.th.jpg

Still the same. Cant wait until 9.04 in April.

I can't wait either. Ordered my copy of 8.10, looking fowrad to installing it, got a 15gig drive set up for Wubi, if Like it, gonna follow this guide to transfer it fully into a proper ubuntu installation; http://lubi.sourceforge.net/lvpm.html My onyl worry is if I do that,I still won't have a ista backup disc, or anything else to backup my data onto.