Opera or FireFox

thats what i have firefox with noscript, it seems tight as a drum. the argument opera users have is that opera is closed coded.but since using firefox i have no real issues it seems very secure to me.

Open-source means that everyone can check the source code, and it can be audited by security researchers and experts for vulnerabilities and bugs, and these bugs gets fixed faster.

Closed-source means it is more likely that it will be riddled with vulnerabilities and bugs, but since less people look at the code, they don't get fixed, they just lay there for someone to exploit them. Independent security researchers and experts cant audit the code. Also, since no third-party will look at the code, they wont mind its ugly and full of hacks.

I think that most security researchers agree that security through obscurity is not good.

OpenBSD is probably one of the most secure operating systems in the world, and it is open source.

Researchers have found the voting machines by Diebold to be riddled with security vulnerabilities, so now elections can be stolen. If it were open source, these vulnerabilities would have been fixed a long time ago.

I´ve used Firefox for 2 years , now I use opera , faster , secure and dont eat alot of memory like Firefox....

anyway both browsers are good

make ur choice :jump:

If you haven't tried Mozilla Firefox 3, then you might want to do. I heard it has better memory manager, uses less memory, and is faster than before.

The upcoming Mozilla Firefox 3.1 will feature a new JavaScript engine (TraceMonkey), that will be much faster.

Another thing that is good about Firefox is that there are so many great extensions for it.

I´ve used Firefox for 2 years , now I use opera , faster , secure and dont eat alot of memory like Firefox....

anyway both browsers are good

make ur choice :jump:

If you haven't tried Mozilla Firefox 3, then you might want to do. I heard it has better memory manager, uses less memory, and is faster than before.

The upcoming Mozilla Firefox 3.1 will feature a new JavaScript engine (TraceMonkey), that will be much faster.

Another thing that is good about Firefox is that there are so many great extensions for it.

And, unlike Opera, it is open-source.

the only think that I dont like on opera are Compatibility with gmail... very poor... I need to use firefox to check my mails and send new mail with correct signature.... =/

anyway both firefox and opera are rules , chrome sux :jump: