Avast Professional Edition

RTZ

Has anyone tried this is it worth the fee? I was looking at the comparison chart only has some other added features push signatures and the gui is nicer without skins i believe not sure also noticed it offers script blocking that is good.

Free edition has skins.

Professional edition does not have skins.

This prooves it, what I have been saying all the time. Skins are bloat and sucks, and they're just for noobs that make applications sucks and difficult to use.

Having a normal standard interface without no skin is desired, hence why its in the professional edition.

As well as script blocking the pro version has the ability to schedule a scan from within the interface (as opposed to using a workaround task-scheduler system for the free) and the ability with that scan to decide in advance how malware should be treated when detected.

Frankly, if the lack of that ability in the Home version was an issue for me, I'd be prepared to purchase the pro if I was in the market for a paid AV. I believe it's that good. Never had an issue, nor any malware worth speaking of.