Live MSN or Pidgin 2.5.6

RTZ

Which is more practical? Currently i have Live MSN with a-patch but have not tried pidgin in a long time only thing with MSN it has an appetite for memory.

I use pidgin. it's not that bad after getting used to it, but really wish it was better.

if all you do is text chat then you probably won't mind it either.. but if you use video/audio chat with Live MSN, then you should stay with it.

Pidgin supports more protocols so if you want a uniform chat system go for it.

I would go with Pidgin, as it allows me to keep in touch with friends anywhere, regardless if they're on MSN, Yahoo!, AOL, Google Talk, IRC, or Jabber/XMPP.

Also, its cross-platform, so its nice that it can be used on any computer, regardless if its Windows, Mac or Linux.

This latest version of Pidgin is much smoother then previous ones and uses 19,230 Kb of memory compared to Live MSN which eats up over 41,000 Kb. I'm very impressed.

Pidgin can't handle webcam, so it certanily isn't for me.

this was the main reason why i didn't use it back when it was gaim.. used to use my webcam practically daily, and had friends on AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and IRC. so 4 clients because of lack of webcam support.

don't use my webcam anymore, so 1 client for all.. :D though to be fair, i don't even logon to yahoo, msn, or irc anymore.

Pidgin can't handle webcam, so it certanily isn't for me.

this was the main reason why i didn't use it back when it was gaim.. used to use my webcam practically daily, and had friends on AIM, Yahoo, MSN, and IRC. so 4 clients because of lack of webcam support.

don't use my webcam anymore, so 1 client for all.. :D though to be fair, i don't even logon to yahoo, msn, or irc anymore.

Fair enough. Use my webcam a fair bit, both on YIM and MSN, Pidgin supports neither.

aMSN supports webcam, and its open-source which is cool, but there isn't any open-source application, for either Windows of Linux, that supports webcam for YIM (my main reason as to why I couldn't currently make Ubuntu my primary OS).