Facebook users gone mad

Absolutely the funniest thing I have read for a long time.

ReadWriteWeb wrote an article about Facebook. It became so popular that it reached the top slot in Google. At that point Facebook users, who apparently use Google to find the Facebook login page ( :P ) began trying to log in on the ReadWriteWeb page and, when it failed, left a LOT of comments. Hundreds and Hundreds of them. (It's reached 1825 comments as I post this)

See it here: http://www.readwrite..._true_login.php

Reading the mix of idiots er, disoriented Facebook users and unbelieving others is definitely the funniest thing I have read for a long time.

WARNING: a number of the (uncensored) comments are not safe for work / children / reading out loud etc. etc.

What is so amazing IMO about these so-called social networking sites - most of the people who post crap are the people in whose opinion or

viewpoint I'm the least interested in knowing. The pseudo-celebrity, pretzeled-breath moron you run into at football games, the wanna-be

intellectual, or simply a mean-spirited hater who can't stand someone may have a differing opinion so they litter the place with half-truths

and nastiness. You know the types, the honest folks who edit Wikipedia and post lies about folks they don't like.

I'm not sure, can you tell I don't care for the Facebook(s), Twitter(s), or the xyzBlogger of the day detritus of the internet :P

BTW, you can find me @

facebook.com/_gUiTaR_mIkE

twitter.com/_gUiTaR_mIkE

dailyblogger.com/_gUiTaR_mIkE

myspace.com/_gUiTaR_mIkE

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> JK :jump: -> Wait! Didn't I just offer an opinion that I'm sure none of you give a hairy rat's arse about...

Sorry, I needed to get my post count up.

... can you tell I don't care for the Facebook(s), Twitter(s), or the xyzBlogger of the day ...

I typed xyzBlogger into Google, but it wouldn't let me log in :P

Actually, there's more: there really is a hit for xyzBlogger. It's all about some guy who had his Blogspot automatically deleted.

I knew there'd be a good reason why I couldn't log in.

Sorry, I needed to get my post count up.

So I see. :jump:

Yeah, my rant did sound a bit spastic :jump:

Technology is great but in the wrong hands it can be harmful. I'm still bothered by the poor girl from Ireland (I believe) that was

hassled relentlessly on Facebook or MySpace until she gave up and committed suicide. There was that mother who impersonated

a student, hassled another - same result. Let's see, the freaks at Craig's List, the imbeciles at IMDB, you think I'm kidding, read

the forums some time - pretty nasty stuff. My Q. - Where's the administrative oversight when it comes to monitoring this stuff?

• 6 months later...

I went back to this article again yesterday.

Some comments (now well over 2800) are obvious trolling, but near as I can tell others are still "confused", even after 7 months. You can still tell, when they post their full name, their email address and even their login details :dribble: in the comments.

(As before, some of those comments are NSFW.)