• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fire NewsBot, must work for Apple or Linux - only when it feels like it. :) JK!

I noticed many programs that used to get mentioned as updated haven't been listed as updated recently, of course most have updating built-in...

CCleaner 3.11.1541; foobar2000 1.1.8, SuperAntiSpyware 5.0.1128, Pidgin 2.10.0, Notepad++ 5.9.3, Thunderbird 7.0.1, Flash Player(s) 10.3.183.10 etc

Admittedly I haven't checked the main page mostly too lazy to adjust the address while on the forum - any eta when a link to https://www.lunarsoft.net/ will be added to the forum - if it's available and I simply don't see it I will edit my post and never admit to having asked such a dumb question???

Btw, I was under the impression NewsBot is a bot - literally, is it actually TarunBot?

• Administrator

I'm behind on the news since I'm the only one posting news and we really have no news staff.

I'll see about adding in a link to the frontpage somewhere too. :)

Newsbot is a forum member that I set up that pulls RSS from the frontpage at certain intervals.

I'm behind on the news since I'm the only one posting news and we really have no news staff

Is there a we or is it really a me - well, you? I'll try and be mindful if in fact it's only you, I see mods but I don't know what all you are doing alone.

On another site I used to spend a lot of time, we would try to recruit users to chip in and it was like pulling teeth.

• Administrator

It's a bit tricky to explain, but I'll try. Everyone who's a mod or a special rank I consider as part of the Lunarsoft Team. In that sense I refer to them as "we". While we do have a news/editors group here, there's not much news posted. I have made attempts to make it super easy where they post news here on the forums and I copy/paste it onto the frontpage, but I've not noticed any takers on it. Unfortunately, a lot of real life issues have me going away from the computer periodically. Ideally I'd like to set up an account for the frontpage where the editorial team can share to post news on the frontpage. Which leads me to this...

As far as the frontpage, I'm the only one that touches it. The editor is the same one that is used here on the forums though it's one made just for Joomla.

• 3 weeks later...

Gotta love Google :)

I searched for "how to get rid of herpes", I was puzzled by the referrals suggesting I hold my breath for as long as I can or have someone scare me really really bad. I noticed at the bottom of the Google page it stated the search replaced herpes with hiccups and would I like to perform a new search, of course I do.

I liked the first referral, seemed the best course of action - get rid of your girlfriend.

• 1 month later...

Speaking of Google, does anyone use an alternative for searching - Bing, Dogpile... DuckDuckGo?

It seems the alternatives employ Google in one fashion or another. I'm only wanting to know if Lunarsoft members feel there are alternatives, or is Google simply too big and has too big a lock on internet searching for anyone else to compete except for very specific searches...?