Do we have gamers?

Tarun

I'm a total noob when it comes to games, never was into them much after Asteroids at the local arcade, that and the pinball machine at the back of our local 7/11 - I bet none of you even know what I'm talking about, not the pinball, the 7/11 :)

I liked a few games from ages ago, (not sure they qualify by modern standards), 7th Guest :), SpyCraft, and an interesting game with real actors you interacted with while playing, Ripper.

Do you remember what pinball game it was? I love pinball games!

Yeah, me too, but moreso the pinball machine, not as much the computer game. The first machine at the 7/11 I think was Bally's Mata Hari. It was replaced once or twice - great fun, it was the late 70s afterall.

• 10 months later...

Now I've gone and gotten involved in a MMORPG, called Rift. Kind of an accident, one of my sisters bought me this game for Christmas last year, didn't read the fine print where it said you needed a broadband internet connection to play it. Then I tore off the plastic before I spotted that little detail, so I couldn't take it back to Wal-Mart. I considered writing them a complaint letter about the deceptive packaging, to try to get a refund - but we were planning to upgrade our internet connection soon, so I just hung on to it.

I'm now using the 1 month trial that came with the CD, haven't decided yet if I'll pay to keep playing past that. Hard to tell how good it is since I haven't gotten very far yet.

Wasn't planning on starting another one anytime soon. It would handle it, though. Just need a mouse...

Anyway, Rift is getting kind of interesting. I found out there's a lite version you can download for free, lets you play up to level 20. Anybody want's to check it out, it cost nothing.- for a few days, maybe.