Virtual Drives

corjello

Does any regulars here use virtual drives on their computers? A long time ago i had one, which was recommended to me by my cousin (now works with network security) and i have no idea what it was called. I dont feel like bothering him for a name, so i figured i would try here. I found this one, http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/announcements.php but i simply dont know if it is good or not. Any suggestions?

)corjello(

heh, well what you can do is, take a cd rom and put it in. Then the virtual drive will copy it to your harddisk and everytime you would need to place the cd in the cd drive, your computer would just read off the data from the virtual drive. Very handy if you know what your doing.

oh and theres other uses also, i just use it for the cds.

)corjello(

I use daemon tools, can get around pretty much 95% of the game copy protections out there, if you get one that says "a virtual drive has been detected" then theres a tool called "virtual-cd-hide.exe" which will hide the drive from the game.. but still be accessible like a regular CD.

i use daemon tools for when i download iso's and need a specific file.. or want to run it like a normal CD but without burning a CD.