I quit my job today.

LOL! Yes I had a job. I worked for an international transportation company for the last 12 years. Good job, great pay and benefits, but it wasnt meeting my personal needs.

I was notified yesterday that I was successful in the job competition for the position of Police Constable in my city. I start the academy two weeks from Monday.

Its a drop in pay and benefits and holidays, and Ill have to work rotation shifts, but the top rate will be more money in a few years, plus its a job ive always been interested in.

The application process has kept me busy lately, but now I have two weeks to celebrate...... punk.gif

sweet..maybe you can work your way up to be a K9 handler.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont think that would be my calling personally. Ive had so many cats and dogs since i got married, I dont think i want to bring another one home! My wife and kids would love it though......... :hello:

so this is going to be you in a few months. :)

ng90fk.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

LOL! Thats a mountie in ceremonial uniform! Mounties are the RCMP-equivalent of i guess the FBI or something-they are national police. I never applied with them, because the training is out of province for 6 months, and then you have to be willing to transfer, which isnt an option for me with my young children.

oh well, it's still a good picture. how long will your acadamy be? my initial acadamy was 6 months long, pretty intense at times. then my K9 training was 3 months long plus all the other specialty training i have been through. thats one thing about law enforcement, always training. good luck at the acadamy!

Its nine months training at the academy and then graduation. Recruits are on probation for two years from the start of the academy, and you have to pass the physical every year for the first two to keep your job, and then for 3 more if you want to get your raise each year (its a five year pay scale).

Im really excited as I was getting quite bored at my current employment.

Thanks for the encouragement! :)

haha..good one, like i havnt heard that before.  :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah, figured that was pretty original. :eyeroll: :)

I personally would hold out for a nice chocolate frosted custard filled Krispy Kreme... ah... Krispy Kremes...

lokoike is in his happy place